Merthur: The Affair Part 2

TW: I wrote a panic/anxiety attack type of thing in this.

It may not be that accurate, but I'm basing the symptoms off of the most common one's I've seen in other ffs. I know everyone experiences them differently, so if I offend you and you have any feedback it is welcome(I apologize in advance). I would like to make this as enjoyable for you guys as possible so if something is wrong, or if there's something I should change, let me know! In other words, constructive criticism is welcome, as long as it's not rude:)

"Merlin."

"Arthur? What's wrong?"

"I...We can't do this anymore. I love Gwen."

"Oh...Alright. Are you...are you firing me, too?"

"No, Merlin. I don't love you anymore, but you're still my maservent, so...Go polish my amour..."

Arthur had broken Merlin's heart that day. Merlin thought he must've done something to make Arthur fall out of love with him, but he figured it was better this way. He can push his feelings aside and focus on destiny. They'll forget about this and move on...Right?

-

Wrong(! -SH) apparently.

Merlin groaned feeling the cold stone wall against his back, even through his shirt, as he was attacked. Now, you may be thinking, "Of course he was attacked! He's Merlin!" but no, the perpetrator was actually a certain blonde haired king. Merlin had no idea what was really going on, as Arthur was currently peppering kisses down his neck, to his collarbones, throwing in the occasional nibble or lick. It had been Arthur's mouth that attacked him as soon as he walked in.

When Arthur began to take Merlin's shirt off, as much as he wanted Arthur to continue, he had to stop him. "Arthur, wait," Merlin said breathlessly, pushing his king off of him. He thought they had broken up when Arthur said he didn't love him anymore, clearly whatever was going through Arthur's mind was completely different from what was going through Merlin's.

"What is it?" Arthur asked worriedly.

"We can't...What about Gwen? She's your wife," Merlin reminded him. "I don't want to hurt her."

"And I don't either," Arthur agreed. "But..."

"Why is there a but?" Merlin asked rhetorically.

"...I won't be able to resist you for long, Merlin," Arthur finished, gaze flicking down to Merlin's lips.

"I'm not that special, Arthur," Merlin said, half joking half not.

"Yes you are, Merlin. Your dark hair contrasts perfectly with your pale skin. Your eyes are the prettiest shade of blue, it reminds me of a deep, clear lake on a sunny day. I find it so easy to get lost in. You've got beautiful, little hips that fit so perfectly in my hands. You've got an amazing arse that makes me wanna-"

"Ok, ok! I get it. You're making it harder to say no," Merlin cut in.

"Maybe I don't want you to say no. You seemed to have no problem with this before," Arthur argued.

"Yeah. To spite your father when he was alive. Things have changed, now you're married and you don't feel that way anymore," Merlin retorted.

"Yes, but don't you miss the feeling of-"

"Arthur, we can't. What if someone finds out?" Merlin asked.

"They haven't before!" Arthur rebutted

"That was before you got married," Merlin answered. "Besides, that's the type of thing you're supposed to do with Gwen. Who is your wife."