Merthur: The Magic Plant

Thank you so much for your idea bllover587! In case you forgot, I will take requests so if you have an idea that you want me to use you can comment or message me and I will try to use your idea. Just a warning, I'm only generally on Wattpad at night because during the day I just don't have time, so sorry if I respond to late or not all. If I don't respond, it could be because I forgot or because I'm just socially awkward...Anyways, here's the prompt:

A certain type of plant affects magical beings, not sorcerers, but beings made of magic. The knights of the round table, Arthur, and of course Merlin are hunting when they come across one. Merlin doesn't notice and Lancelot is the only one who thinks anything of it as Merlin's magic hasn't been revealed yet. Merlin trips over the root and loses control of his magic, making him affectionate and clingy while blurting out the first thing that comes to mind. This involves a lot of adorable, embarrassing compliments to the knights, but mostly to Arthur because, well, merthur.

That's just like a basic summary of the prompt. I hope you're satisfied with the outcome of this oneshot!

"Rise and shine!"

"Ugh, Merlin!" Arthur scolded his servant, throwing a pillow across his face.

"Up you go! You're truly becoming a great king, Arthur," Merlin said, as he dragged Arthur out of bed and dropped him on the floor. If Merlin stared a bit too long at the bit of Arthur's abs showing, he pushed it to the back of his mind.

"What's on my schedule for today?" Arthur asked, grumpily, as he sat down to eat his breakfast.

"Nothing, sire," Merlin answered, the title dripping with sarcasm. Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Hunting it is! Prepare the horses, Merlin," Arthur ordered. Merlin opened his mouth, probably to retort, but Arthur shut him up. "I'm your king, Merlin. You'll do as I say." The warlock rolled his eyes, making sure Arthur saw, before dragging himself out of the room to get ready.

-

Snap! The knights turned at the sound to see their favorite manservant sprawled on the ground. "Merlin!" Arthur scolded, as the deer ran away. Lancelot looked a bit pale, having tried to warn Merlin about the flower he was about to trip on. There was a sudden burst of magic, causing the trees to bend and the knights to be blown back a bit. The knights were put on guard, minus Lancelot of course, looking for a sorcerer, but soon they heard a giggle.

"Hehe...You guys are scaredy cats," Merlin giggled. Arthur frowned.

"Merlin, are you alright?" Lancelot asked, bending down to look at the manservant currently sitting on the ground criss cross applesauce.

"You know what Gwen told me?" Merlin whispered loudly, almost as if he was telling a secret.

"What did Gwen tell you?" Elyan asked.

"She said...*giggle* that Lancelot's," he stopped talking in a normal tone and began whispering loudly again, "very attractive. And you know what? I agree!" Merlin giggled again. Lancelot blushed slightly, facepalming.

"What about me?" Gwaine asked, looking hurt.

"What about you?" Merlin demanded.

"Am I attractive too?" Gwaine questioned. Merlin giggled again.

"You're one of the most attractive ones here! You're second," Merlin replied.

"Who's the first?" Percival asked. Merlin beckoned them all forward, like he was about to reveal a big secret.