↳ just a club

(  C O N F I D E N C E  )ただのクラブ

ただのクラブ

(  C O N F I D E N C E  )ただのクラブ

Mai stepped off the bus at Shinzen High, already swatting bugs away from her bare arms and legs. With an oversized black shirt and volleyball shorts on to beat the heat, her skin was like an open invitation to every mosquito in a 10 ft radius. It had only been two weeks since their last trip, but Mai was already hassled with the task of waking up before the sun. Again, Tsukishima had to hoist her onto his back so that she wouldn't fall asleep in the middle of the street while they walked towards their school. She really wasn't an early bird.

She greeted Kenma and Kuroo as enthusiastically as she could in her half-asleep stage, enveloping them both in a one-armed hug and almost falling asleep on the floor for the second time that day. Tsukishima was getting tired of holding her up.

"Before you ask, that isn't the Tokyo Tower," she said to Kageyama, yawning into her hand. Mai had noticed the setter eyeing it curiously when he first stepped off the bus, and with the wisdom that he wasn't very bright, assumed that he believed he was looking at the infamous Skytree.

"I knew that," he mumbled, turning his head away curtly.

Mai laughed quietly as she turned back around to her blond boyfriend, grabbing onto his arm and resisting the urge to plant a sweet kiss on his cheek. He seemed to think the same, staying standing straight when he would usually bend down for her. Coming to think of it, harbouring a secret relationship between Mai's best friends and their entire team for a week didn't seem like the best idea. For the young couple, the training camp was going to be hell.

The team prepared themselves in the gym, slipping numbered bibs over their t-shirts before they faced off with Fukorodani. 

Mai was familiar with the boys of Fukorodani, meeting over several training camps, but she knew the ace and setter the best. Their Ace, Bokuto, got along extremely well with Kuroo, which kind of just made him automatic friends with Mai, as well as his best friend Akaashi, the setter. Bokuto was ranked in the top 5 aces in Japan, which Mai used to her advantage, often going to him when she had a problem with her attacks. He had an extremely overbearing personality but was always happy to help the young girl, so she bared with it until he grew on her.