↳ hold tight

( C O N F I D E N C E )しっかりつかまって

しっかりつかまって

Matsuda Tomiche always loved feminine features

Matsuda Tomiche always loved feminine features. Small noses, thin eyebrows, and high cheekbones were all amongst what he thought made his wife and daughter so attractive. But his absolute favourite was the long hair that they both possessed. He cried the first time his wife took Mai to the hairdresser, and didn't speak to either for a week straight. Tomiche also had a problem with Mai's glasses, hence why she always wore contact lenses throughout the day. He was a childish man. This only became evident to Mai when he threw a mug into the wall because she had put one sugar in instead of one and a half.

Still, instead of pointing out his flaws and defying him, she still strived to please her old man. Whether it was out of fear, pity, or respect, she didn't know. Even now, with hours separating the two, Mai still kept her hair long.

Mai stared at the mirror hung on the wall of the bathroom. She tugged at her knotty hair with a comb, wincing every time it snagged. It was getting harder and harder to tame the mess every day, but she wouldn't cut it.

Soon, she stopped worrying about the state of her red locks and just threw them up into a bun at the back of her head. Once she had stripped from her clothes and taken her contacts out, she stepped into the bath.

The warm water loosened her tensed muscles, but it wasn't hot enough to scorch her skin. She soaked in the water until it was almost cold. After stepping back onto the floormat, she grabbed a white towel from the shelf on the wall. Mai stood in front of the mirror once again, eyeing how her body looked after eating the large meal Kiyoko and Takeda-Sensei prepared. Of course, she only ate half the usual portion, but her stomach was still bloated. In fathers eyes, she looked absolutely grotesque, and the apple didn't fall far from the judgmental tree. Mai quickly pulled an oversized shirt that she stole from Tsukishima to cover herself, as well as pyjama shorts that she borrowed from Ren and never gave back.

After spraying deodorant and brushing her teeth, she made her way through the short hallways to get back to the main room. Right after sliding the door open, a chill crept its way up her spine. It was quiet.