↳ the trashcan showdown

( C O N F I D E N C E )ゴミ箱対決

ゴミ箱対決

During her time in Tokyo, Mai participated in many training camps, practice matches, and gym courses, but nothing seemed to boost her playing skills as much as messing around with Kuroo and a ball did

During her time in Tokyo, Mai participated in many training camps, practice matches, and gym courses, but nothing seemed to boost her playing skills as much as messing around with Kuroo and a ball did. On afternoons when they didn't practice, they would head to Kuroo's spacious backyard and throw around one of the many volleyballs he had laying around. Sometimes Kenma joined them, and sometimes Mai found herself out there all alone. But with Karasuno, every practice session saw a new skill. Her and Kageyama pointed out each other's technical mistakes in serving, and the same happened with Asahi and spikes. She worked with Hinata and Tanaka about making rushed decisions, and taught Tsukishima the perfect technique for a surprise spike. Every second was spent perfecting their individual styles, Mai was just hoping it paid off in a team environment.

Now, Mai sat on the bench during next to Kiyoko, a clipboard on her lap and a pen behind her ear. Takeda wrote her up as a trainer, so she could talk on the sidelines after the whistle blew.

She hadn't spoken to Tsukishima since he started ignoring her, but that didn't mean he was missing from her mind. In fact, he was the only thing occupying her brain. Mai wrapped her arms around her body and wished that she'd brought another jumper. After he clarified that they weren't on speaking terms, she took off the one he lent her.

On the court, where Mai was supposed to be paying all her attention to, Hinata launched off his left foot and jumped with his eyes closed. The ball soared past all of Nekoma's blockers, securing the first point for Karasuno.

"Good, Sho! Put all your power into the swing!" Mai called from the sidelines.

"Let's do this thing!" Tanaka said as he served. One of the Nekoma players hit to Kenma, who tried to set up a fast attack. The ball touched the top of Tanaka's hands and rolled over to Nishinoya.

Hinata went up again, but it was impossible to score against the blockers. Luckily, he was just serving his purpose as the team's decoy, allowing Asahi's spike to sneak through.

"Outstanding job out there, Noya." Mai handed him a water bottle after he rotated off, a bead of sweat running from his dark hair.

"Thanks." Noya eyed the other teams #3. "That libero is playing hard. He's never seen Asahi's spike, but he still touched it."