↳ truth hurts

( C O N F I D E N C E )真実は痛い

真実は痛い

It was the last day of Golden Week training camp, the day Karasuno versed Nekoma, and Mai was more excited than anyone

It was the last day of Golden Week training camp, the day Karasuno versed Nekoma, and Mai was more excited than anyone. Seeing her best friends was far better than a practice game, she thought. Kuroo, Mai, and Kenma were still connected through messaged and video chats, but it was nothing like being in person. And, they were all almost always busy with training or schoolwork, so the opportunity that was thrown into their grasp wasn't taken lightly by any of them.

The entire team was awake bright and early, avoiding the usual morning fuss about Mai and Tsukki sleeping cuddled up. After she managed to untangle herself from the boys' long legs, she made her way into the bathroom. Mai bathed that morning because she wouldn't be practicing, but also because she didn't want to smell like Tsukishima's secondhand cologne that rubbed off on her pale skin.

Because the bathrooms were usually empty at that time, Hinata forgot about Mai's earlier announcement and swung the door open with his toothbrush in his hand. She was standing in the section between the girls' and boys' baths, meaning she was directly in Hinata's line of sight. Mai was wearing shorts and a sports bra, but this didn't stop the first year from overreacting.

"I'm so sorry!" he screamed as he ran back down the hall, attracting the team's attention.

"What happened?" asked Daichi, but he wasn't sure he wanted to know considering the ginger boy's track record. From tripping and pulling down Kageyama's pants to knocking the deputy principal's toupee off with a volleyball, Hinata was no stranger to embarrassing experiences. 

"Bathroom... Mai... no shirt!" he gasped between words, collapsing on the floor from a mix of exhaustion and shock. 

Suga clapped a hand over his mouth, trying to stifle his laughter. It was no secret that the young boy hadn't experienced anything romantic or sexual, so his reaction to seeing someone shirtless was rational, but still very over-the-top. Unlike Sugawara, Tanaka didn't have control over his impulses and ended up doubled over, letting out boisterous chuckles. His laughter was like a disease, infecting everybody in the room but Hinata, who was still extremely embarrassed.