↳ battle scars

(  C O N F I D E N C E  )戦いの傷跡

戦いの傷跡

Another day had passed and the Karasuno volleyball team had arrived back in Miyagi after a long few days in Tokyo, the players and staff all exhausted out of their minds

Another day had passed and the Karasuno volleyball team had arrived back in Miyagi after a long few days in Tokyo, the players and staff all exhausted out of their minds. The buildings were all so familiar, the birds sounded like home, everybody was calm, and everything was great. Until, of course, it wasn't.

Now, Mai was never the type to pick a fight. She was actually one of the most non-confrontational people to pass through the volleyball gym. But, she was definitely the type to stand up for her friends, whether they were right or wrong in the situation. Loyalty over proper justice, she always thought.

When Kageyama and Hinata broke out in a fistfight in the middle of practice, scaring the life out of poor Yachi who had just been asked to throw a few curveballs while Mai was busy perfecting her jump, Mai panicked. She just resolved to break up the fight. But, surprisingly, the two teenage volleyball players were harder to pull apart than she'd imagined.

She didn't know what started the fight. If she was being honest, Mai barely realised they were in the gym with her until their voices started echoing off the walls.

"Why don't we try serving, or blocking, or receiving, or one of the ten other things we need to learn before the tournament? Why waste our time doing an attack that doesn't work?"

Eventually, Yachi had to call in Tanaka to break the boys up.

While it was rather devastating watching some of her best friends in a physical fight, it did turn into a good story for her to tell Tsukishima when she walked into his room later that night.

"They actually started throwing fists?" Tsukishima asked, his usual tracksuit pants and hoodie swapped out for a blank t-shirt and shorts that his brother bought him for Christmas one year. "Finally. It's just been bickering for four months."

"Yeah, I got scratched!" She exclaimed, pointing to a small red mark on the side of her left hand that complimented the rest of the wounds lining her fingers. For a non-contact sport, she sure did get injured quite a bit. "It's like a battle scar."