Chapter 11. The Beginning Of The End

September 10, 2018. 1:30 PM.

I feel something... off. Like something's happening. I whip out my phone and call Peter.

"Pick up, pick up."

"Hello?"

"Oh, thank goodness. Hey, is anything bad happening over in New York right now? How's Tony?" I ask.

"Nothing bad's happening. Everything's pretty chill here and Dad's doing great. Hasn't gotten drunk since that day. When are you coming home? Permanently, I mean. You've been in LA for about a year now." Peter says.

"I don't know. When the world's attacked by aliens or rogue SHIELD agents, I guess. You sure that nothing bad's happening? I have this odd feeling that someone's going to die."

"Big oof. Yeah, everything's a-ok here. I'll ask Friday, just to be sure. Friday?"

"Yes?" I hear Friday say.

"Is everything at Compound normal?" Peter asks.

"Running scan." Friday says. "Scan complete. There is nothing out of the ordinary at Avengers Compound."

"See? Nothing to worry about! I'm fine, Dad's fine, Vision decided to live somewhere in the UK with Wanda. Oh and Rhodey, MJ, and Ned are doing pretty good."

"Huh. Maybe it was just a breeze or something. Well, thanks."

"Lina! Can you come to the kitchen?" Nat shouts.

"I'll be there in a sec!" I shout. "Sorry, Peter. Nat needs me. I'll call you later."

"Call you later! Stay Alive!"

"Stay Alive!" I smile and hang up.

"What's up?" I ask, walking into the kitchen.

"I just received a distress call." Nat says worriedly but also sympathetically. What's going on?

"From where?" I ask.

"Space."

"The Guardians are in trouble? They have Rocket, Nebula, and Gamora. They can handle it. Right?"

"It's not the Guardians. It's the Asgardians."

"What? How did they end up in space? Is Loki ok, is he alive? What about the others?"

"It's still processing."

"Do we still have the two Iron Man suits?"

"No, and if we did, they're not made for deep space travel. We can't do anything."

"The tesseract or your brothers head." I hear someone say through the phone.

"I- I know that voice." I say nervously.

This can't be happening. It just can't.

"I assume you have a preference?" The man asks.

"Oh, I do." Loki.

"Hey! Loki! It's Alina! Talk to me! Please!" I shout, typing furiously on my laptop with Nat's phone next to me.

I hacked the distress call so that he can definitely hear me.

"Loki! Loki! Hey! Listen to me!" I say. I can hear someone choking in the background.

"Kill away." Loki says.

"What?! There must be something! Listen to me! You know me, Loki! It's Alina! Remember? You would always text me a number between one and ten to show how upset or angry you were."

"I remember." He says.

I hear a loud pulsing noise and I assume that the first guy is currently killing Thor.