Chapter 19. I Swear, Whoever's In Charge Has It Out For Me

June 5, 2019. 3:00 PM.

"So, how's it feel to be Pepper Stark?" I ask.

"Honestly, the same. We've been together for so long, it just feels normal." Pepper replies.

"I'm happy for you. You know, Lina would just keep shouting that her OTP is canon. She'd be so happy for you. So am I." I smile.

"Thank you. It took a while to convince Tony to have the wedding without Peter. He wanted the both of them in the wedding as ring bearers."

"She would love it. She'd even wear a dress and heels if it meant that you two were married."

"We originally planned for her and Peter to wear suits." Pepper giggles. "I know how much Lina hates dresses, so we planned on her wearing a suit."

"And that would make this one of the happiest days of her life. You two got married, she wouldn't have to wear a dress, and she'd get to be part of the wedding."

"And we all know it wouldn't ever top when you adopted her."

"I'd love to think so. Ok, go be with your husband. I'm going to go grab some food." I say.

"Nat, you gotta come on! Pepper's going to throw the bouquet!" Steve says, dragging me across the room.

"Steve, you know I'm not one for superstition. The whole 'whoever catches the bouquet gets married next' thing makes no sense. We might as well just see who can lift Stormbreaker." I remark.

"But it's tradition!" Steve whines.

"Fine. If I catch it, I'm marrying my work." I say, walking to where Pepper and the other ladies are standing.

Pepper tosses the bouquet and it flies over some heads and lands right behind me.

"Everyone just forget that it landed next to me." I say as I throw it back into the crowd of women and they scramble to get the bouquet.

"Hey, I have an idea on how to get Alina and the others back." Bruce says.

"Really? Will it work?" I ask.

"Maybe. We have to take a trip to the Empire State Building to check." Bruce replies.

"You think that Lina's in the underworld and if we make a deal with Hades, we get everyone back, right?"

"That's the idea."

"Well, meet you there, first thing tomorrow?" I ask.

"Got it." Bruce replies.

Almost a year. It's been almost a year since Thanos snapped. We have a few leads, but none seem legit. Just this one.

7:30 AM. The next day.

NatRomanoff: Hey! You ready?

7PhDs: Huh? Nat, it's 7:30. I was thinking 8 ish.

NatRomanoff: Well, I don't fool around when it comes to getting Lina back.

7PhDs: Makes sense. I'll meet you at the ESB at 8:30?

NatRomanoff: ... You just woke up, didn't you?

7PhDs: Possibly.

NatRomanoff: Jeez. Well, I'll meet you in thirty!

Well, that went well. Bruce just woke up and I barely got any sleep last night. I hope this works. I really, really hope this works.

Five hours later...