Chapter 21. How Much Can Happen In Five Years? Don't Answer That.

February 27, 2023. 2:30 PM.
Alina's POV.

I feel something. Something new. This isn't like what I've felt for the past five years. This is new. I feel... whole? I look up and I see cracks of blue through the orange sky.

The blue slowly overtakes the orange and the buildings are replaced with trees with red, yellow, and orange leaves. I look around and I'm standing on green grass, there's colorful trees, a bright blue sky. I'm not in the Soul Stone anymore.

There's a building. And that's when I realize one thing.

I'm alive.

I'm finally alive and it looks like I'm in Wakanda.

"Peter?" I ask.

"We're alive." Peter says, standing next to me.

"We're alive!" I exclaim, doing the best pirouette I can do right now, considering the fact that I'm standing on soil in boots. I wander around the field and I find a random painted rock in a bush. Pretty. I pocket it and wander back to the group.

"Something's happening." Strange says. "Everyone, get battle ready. T'Challa, rally the troops."

"Shuri! Do you still have the A.E.K.?" I ask.

"Yeah! It should be right where you left it." Shuri replies.

A.E.K. stands for Avengers Emergency Kit. There's ammo, bottled water, some preservable snacks, a pair of pants for Bruce, and some other stuff. It also has a portable charger that can charge my lightsabers and nearly anything else.

I grab the A.E.K. from it's hiding place under a desk in Shuri's lab and open up the storage bin.

I grab the charger and plug my lightsabers in. I restock my guns and keep quite a few magazines on my belt. I also grab around a quarter of the water bottles and start chugging them. Hey, if something bad's gonna happen, I'd rather be hydrated so I can use my powers than dehydrated and powerless.

"Are you ok?" Strange asks me after I finish my third water bottle.

"Ha! No." I chuckle. "Rehydrating so my powers work."

"You want a never-ending one?"

"Yes!" I exclaim. My plain water bottle turns into a canteen that has a clip to hang on my belt. I chug the contents and it refills itself.

"Holy crud!" I shout. "Thank you!"

"No problem."

As I finish suiting up, I feel something odd. Not wholeness, but not emptiness. This is different. I feel like... like someone's in trouble.

"Strange, are you allowed to tell me what the living are doing?" I ask.

"No. I'm sorry." Strange says. The way he said it makes me think that he's not just talking about him not being able to tell me.

I think something has gone very, very wrong, and one way or another, I will pay the price.

"Battle formations!" Strange shouts. I rush over to Peter and Shuri.

"If we die, we die as heroes." I tell my brother and sister.

"We're not gonna die." Peter says. "Right?" He asks Strange who shrugs. "We're all gonna die!" Peter shouts.

"Everyone ready?" Strange asks. He opens a large portal and I see nothing but darkness and chaos.

"Hey Cap, you read me? On your left." Sam says through coms.

T'Challa, Shuri, and one of the Dora Milaje walk out of the portal first. Steve turns to look at the trio.

There's dirt and blood all over his face. I really hope it's not his blood.