Chapter 20. The End, Again

February 23, 2023.

It started after Natasha made a PB&J. She had a meeting with what's left of the Avengers. She found out that Clint had become an assassin. Scott showed up, as well as Bruce (who managed to merge Hulk and Banner after months in the gamma lab) and Tony. It took Tony the longest to get on board.

Morgan had called Natasha 'Тетя Таша' and she called her 'Маленька мисс'. (Auntie Tasha and Little Miss)

Morgan made a robot puppy that she had dubbed Speckles, after multiple weeks of changing it. Natasha told Morgan a story about Alina.

"Will-"

"Yes, Morgan, I'll tell you a good story." Natasha starts. "Once upon a time, there was a fifteen year old girl who went by the name of Shadow. She was raised by some bad people."

"Bad people?" Morgan asks.

"Yes, bad people. But don't fret over them, they can't get to you." Natasha reassures the little girl. "Shadow was raised to do some bad things. She didn't want to do the bad things, but the people that raised her forced her to."

"What kind of bad things?"

"If I told you, you'd have a nightmare, and I don't think we want that, now do we?" Nat asks.

"No. Nightmares are scary." Morgan inputs.

"Shadow had nightmares too. She had nightmares quite often; nearly every night. She only had her best friend to comfort her, but even then, she tried to keep it inside. One day, she was sent to meet someone named Nick Fury. The bad people wanted Fury gone."

"Gone?"

"In prison." It was actually dead, but Nat's talking to a nearly five year old. "Shadow met Fury and he got her to come to a house with a nice family. That family was full of remarkable people. Shadow fit right in. It took her a few weeks to open up and tell the family what was wrong."

"Something was wrong?" Morgan asks.

"Shadow felt sad. She didn't like her name and she hated the bad people." Nat says.

"What did she do?"

"She chose a new name. She decided to be called Alina."

"Alina! That's my sister!"

"Yeah! This story is about Alina." Natasha smiles.

"Yay." Morgan says, laying down and pulling the blankets up to her shoulders.

"Alina had nightmares a lot but she had a new friend to help her. Her new friend's name was Natasha."

"That's you! Right?"

"Yes, that's me. Alina and I were the closest. Something about her felt familiar. Like we'd known each other for longer. One day, her new family decided to do something reckless. They decided to go on a dangerous mission."

"Was my Daddy part of the family?" Morgan asks.

"Yes, he was and so was your older brother, Peter. Peter and Alina were best friends, but I'll tell you about that later. So, when Alina found out that her family went to do something dangerous, she took charge and saved them. She was terrified but she saved her family. She ran into some of the bad people from her past. She managed to put them in prison and they're still there today. They'll never, ever, ever get out, so don't you worry. Alina saved everyone. She even overcame her fear of driving a car to save us."