hurt.

Joe's POV (the next day)

It was a new day, a fresh start. Not for me. for demetria.

I sat up & looked over at her sleeping in my bed. 

She wore a a white tank top and light gray shorts. She looked simple yet so beautiful.

her mouth slightly open, her black silky hair fell perfectly into place. her little stomach rising and falling as she breathed gracefully. 

i followed my gaze down to her left wrist. full of scars and bruises. I leaned down and kissed her wrist. she instantly woke up. 

She sat up really fast and I put my hands on her waist to steady her and she grabbed my wrists. 

she looked like she was in shock 

but happy to see me.

Her eyes went from fear to calm and her lips went up in a smile as she let out a deep breath.

"sorry.." I said looking down.

"no it's okay" she said sounding a little sleepy. "my wrist is just a little sore plus I'm not used to people touching my it.."

"I get it" I responded back. "so you feeling up to breakfast?" I asked her. 

"can we just make it together instead of going out? I'm not really in the right state of mind.." she said looking down.

"of course Demi"I leaned her chin up with my hand & I kissed her cheek. she just giggled afteri kissed her and that made me smile. I went to get up and she grabbed my hand and  pulled me back down softly giggling. i fell ontop of her laughing. just the sound of her laugh made me so happy, her laugh was just so damn cute. She cupped my face and stared into my eyes very seriously for a moment. i was confused. was something wrong?...before i knew it i was being pulled down to her & just before our lips touched I pulled away.

She pouted an adorably cute pout & I smiled at her.

I gave her my sweatshirt cause she looked cold.

"cmon" i said holding my hand out, she skipped over to me and grabbed my arm as we went downstairs. 

Once downstairs we walked into the kitchen and my mom had already made breakfast.

Pancakes,waffles,bacon,French toast,sausage,eggs,bagels, pastries and just so much more. 

"so nice of you to buy the entire ihop menu" Demetria said smirking as we sat down at the counter.

"Demi stop" I kicked her ankle. 

i don't know why but demetria has always been so snappy with my mom.

Demi's POV

he just sat there glaring at me. it was a joke.

I stared into his eyes and that frown turned into a smile. I smiled back.

our moment of unbreakable contact was cut off by his mom.

" you had a rough night what can I say?" she smiled.

"eat now, both families are coming over later to eat I'd get food while you can" she chuckled then left.

"whadya want babe?" Joe asked me grabbing two plates. 

I put my hand over my stomach. "nothing.. I don't feel very well" I pouted in the hopes he'd fall for it.

He stared at me with a look of disbelief. I knew he was irritated.

"baby baby baby" I said in a questionable tone walking over to him and cupping his face. "it's a joke" I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him and he stepped back. 

I moved closer and he moved further way.

tears of frustration instantly welled up into my eyes, i tried to look down or away from Joe but his eyes were locked firm onto me it was so hard to resist meeting his gaze. Joe and I just got back on track in our relationship and we were already fighting. 

"Joe.."

"don't Demetria just don't. You wanna joke around about your health and my mom!? Are you kidding!?" he slammed the plates in the sink.

the loud bang made me jump. 

Tears were in my eyes, my voice was pitchy cause I was choked up and I felt awful.

"Joe.." I said again hoping he'd acknowledge me.

"what" he said sternly.

"I'm sorry I just.. I.. I" I stuttered trying to make an excuse but was slowly realizing it wouldn't work as I noticed him shaking his head walking up the steps.

"Joe!" I shouted after him and followed him.

I followed him into his room and shut the door.

"why are you getting so angry with me!?" I yelled. my voice was now shaky because I was crying.

"because Demetria I try so hard to please you and it's like nothing works! You still seem miserable & i feel like you're still mad at me ." 

he said sitting down on the edge of his bed.

I sighed and went and sat down next to him. 

I placed my hand on his arm.

"I'm sorry" I said in the most convincing tone possible. I wanted to sound like I meant it. because I did mean it.

he looked over at me with tears in his eyes.

he got up and walked into the bathroom. "Joe.." i said realeasing the rest of my tears. i walked over to the bathroom just as he shut the door i went to knock then put my fist down. I had this over whelming feeling inside of me, this urge, this distraction, i wanted to blame myself for this, i wanted to give my body what it deserved. i started gathering my things to go home but then i realized something. this is why i get into fights with joe. i don't tell him anything, i just avoid problems like this and then take it out on myself and thats wrong.

I knocked on the bathroom door. "Joe.." no answer. I knocked hard "Joe"i said a little louder. still no answer. "why isn't her answering?!" i thought to myself frustrated. "Joe!!" i yelled banging on the door. "Joe I need you!" "..please" i whispered against the door. suddenly the door flung and since i was leaning on the door, i lost balance but there was joe, ready to catch me & he did. 

"thats all i need to hear demetria, just 3 simple words" he whispered to me as he held me close.

"I need you" i said again. "I need you, I need you, I need you" i said into his chest hysterically crying. i felt something wet on my face. not my tears but one of his. i looked up at him.

"awe babe, don't cry please" "its fine" he responded back. 

I looked deep into his eyes full of tears & my eyes filled even more.

"I'm worried about you Demetria" 

he managed before the tears started spilling out.

seeing Joe cry hurt me more then anything. espicially since the reason he was crying was me.