Chapter 6

I take Shotaro's bowl for him, and bring both our bowls to the sink so I can wash them, then spend about 30 minutes chilling. They say I should sleep right after having a meal, so I'll just be chilling in the NCT dorm living room. I sit cross-legged on the couch, just scrolling through my phone. While the rest of the members are fast asleep, I'm still not too tired because jet lag hasn't hit yet. I may have accidentally said some strange things to Shotaro that I'll probably regret tomorrow because I am a little tired.

I decided to go to my room and spend the rest of the night there. I eventually fell asleep, but it took me at least 2 hours to fall asleep. That next morning, all the NCT boys were up and ready for the day by 9am, while I was just waking up. They kind of woke me up with all the commotion going on downstairs. When I woke up, I made my way to one of the bathrooms to freshen up. After taking a shower, brushing my teeth, doing my makeup, my normal morning routine, I go downstairs to join the boys for breakfast.
"How'd you sleep?" Mark asked.
"Well, I was still trying the whole day last night. It was crazy, but I'm glad I got to meet all you thanks to Baekhyun." I said.
"How long have you been taking lessons from him?" Johnny asked.
"About, hmm, we started in February or March, so 1 or 2 months." I said.
"Wow, I can imagine you're really good." Mark said.
"I am thanks to Bakehyun." I said.
While chatting with Mark and Johnny, I noticed that Shotaro and Sungchan are whispering to each other about something. Being the nosey person I am, I just had to ask what they were talking about. Johnny listens to what they want to tell me and is shocked,
"So, basically. Shotaro and Sungchan have a little crush on you."
"What?? 뭐?? 何ですか?" I asked, even more shocked.
"They told me to tell you that they are sorry to tell you like this. That they never meant for this to happen. Theu only wanted to be friends. That since they are newly debuted members, it's irresponsible for them to crush on you, an NCTzen." Johnny said.
"Tell them that it's okay. We can talk through it." I said.
"Okay." Johnny said.

I had no idea what to do now. Maybe I ask Baekhyun for advice. He is becoming more than just my vocal coach now. He's becoming like a life coach. I quickly texted Baekhyun, asking for his opinion on this.
Baekhyun🤍: I'd say. . . You choose one. If neither, then be friends
Me: They are scared to even think of dating because of what's happened to other SM artists in the past. . .
Baekhyun🤍: Ah, yes that😔
Me: Idk what to do or who I would choose😩
Baekhyun🤍: Just talk, I'm sure you guys can figure it out
Me: Okay, thx Baekhyunnie
Baekhyun🤍: No problemo
Haha, cute. I taught him that one.

I am stressed now. I was just supposed to come to Seoul to only meet Baekhyun, I ended up meeting half of SM Entertainment artists. I'm sure we're get this squared away sooner or later. Later that day, Baekhyun and I had our first live vocal lesson. He asked permission to use one of the studios so that I can have experience in a recording studio. I pop into the studio after meeting up with Baekhyun. All this stuff looks way too expensive and makes me not want to touch it. I put on the noise canceling headphones and left one of my ears open so I can hear what Baekhyun is telling me.

Baekhyun plays one of the songs we have been practicing, Ghost. I really love this song and I'm glad that Baekhyun is allowing me to record a cover of it right now. Baekhyun has coached me into perfecting this song, and when he hears me sing it and belt out like he does, he nods his head, very impressed. What helps me in this song is that there are some English lyrics, that I am able to sing very easily. We finish running through the song, and Baekhyun gives me some extra pointers that I forget sometimes. He is the best at giving singing advice.
"Remember to always have your mouth open wide so that the sound can travel out smoothly." Baekhyun said.
"Got it." I said.
"Continue." Baekhyun said.

We finished our first live vocal session. I give a friendly hug to Baekhyun on my way out, before I left the studio, his last comment was,
"Good luck with Sungchan and Shotaro." Then, he winked.
That wink nearly killed me because sometimes, Baekhyun is one of the hottest guys I've seen, other times he's a soft, cute boy. We love that duality. I walk down the hall and am stopped by the sound of NCT 127 practicing in one of the rooms. Being super curious, I put my ear against the door and listen to them dancing to the music. Without realizing, Yuta opens the door to go do something and I fall into him. My face turns beat red.
"すみません." I said in a panic(Sorry)
"だいじょうぶ です." Yuta said in response(It's okay)
I live for Yuta speaking Japanese, I love it so much. I quickly push myself off of Yuta so we're not awkwardly standing there, Yuta looking like he's holding me in a romantic way.

I breath out, exiting the room after that embarrassing moment with Yuta. He was always one of my favorite members, but Mark has always been my NCT 127 bias. As I'm walking down the hall, trying to avoid contact with any other member, here walks Sungchan. He's walking the opposite way of me, probably on his way to practice. He stops me for a moment. I don't know what he's going to say, but it can't be any worse than what Johnny had already told me through him earlier.
"Can I tell you something?" Sungchan asked.
"Yeah, sure." I said. I have to look up cuz this boy is literally 6'0 and I'm a tiny 5'2.
"Whatever happens, promise me you'll still be friends with me, okay?" Sungchan asked.
"Of course." I said.
"Good. I meant to tell you myself, but I was scared." Sungchan said.
"Well, I'll need to decide before I go home this Saturday." I said.
"This Saturday?" Sungchan asked.
"Unlike you guys, I still have to go to school after spring break." I said.
"Ah, I understand." Sungchan said.