Chapter 9

Sungchan walks away with a smirk on his face. He made that first move on me. He is my first boyfriend. A member of NCT, a new member may I add, is my first boyfriend. I stand there, speechless. I don't know what I should do next. I eventually turn around and unlock the door to my hotel room, quickly going inside and close the door. I plop down my bed, smiling from ear to ear. That just happened. I kissed Sungchan. I don't know what's next because in two days, I go back home after one incredible week in Seoul. I never expected my vocal lessons with Baekhyun to ever lead here, but here I am after all. Ah! I know exactly who I should tell first, Baekhyun. He's the one who got me here in the first place.

I pressed call on Baekhyun's contact and wait for him to pick up. My leg is shaking when it usually does when I'm on edge.
"Baekhyun oppa." I said.
"Yes?" Baekhyun asked.
"Sungchan kissed me." I said.
"Jung Sungchan, NCT member, Sungchan?" Baekhyun asked. Even he can't believe it.
"Yes. . ." I said, admitting it.
"I'm happy for you. When's the wedding?" Baekhyun asked, joking.
"Oh my God. If I've learned anything from my parents, it's that it is totally possible to get married after one or two weeks of dating." I said.
"One to two weeks?!" Baekhyun asked, shocked.
"My parents' excuse was that they were already in their late 30's. They didn't want to waste anymore time." I explained.
"Most Koreans don't even marry until after serving in the military, 18-30." Baekhyun said.
"I know, but I feel like it's different with Sungchan." I said.
"He's an idol." Baekhyun said.
"So are you, and look where our friendship took us. I'm here, in Korea. This has been my dream since I was a freshman in high school." I said.
"I'm glad I can make your dream come true. Now, make more of your dreams come true with Sungchan." Baekhyun said.
"You're like that older brother I never had. Well, I mean, I have an older brother, but he's only a year and 5 months older than me." I said.
"Ah, thanks. I'll be your knowing oppa for you." Baekhyun said.
"Thanks and you're welcome." I said.

I said goodbye to Baekhyun after chatting with him. I'm glad he can give me advice beyond vocal lessons. It shows he really cares about me. I love that about Baekhyun. That he cares so much about fans. Some fans say that he is like a child, I would have to agree at times. He's like a man-child, but that's our Baekhyun. We must protect him at all costs. Anyways. . . I'm moving on from that now. I couldn't stop smiling at the text messages from Sungchan now. Now that he's more than just an idol to me now, more than a friend to me, I will cherish these messages forever.

That next day, it's my last full day in Seoul before I go home. It's a Friday, meaning I fly back on a Saturday and arrive back on the same day because that's how whack time zones are. Anyways, Baekhyun surprised me by saying I'll be doing a guest appearance on a SuperM stage, that will be broadcast all across the world. I will be performing Big Chance and With You, with SuperM. Those are two of my most favorite songs on their album, Super One. I'm supposed to just sing along with the group, and just look pretty. I was so shocked when Baekhyun told me this, but I'm also super excited. It will be my first time performing on stage in a group for a long time.

I prepare for the concert. I was only given the day-of notice, so I don't have much time to prepare, but the concert isn't until 8pm. I have about 12 hours, which should give me plenty of time to prepare. I asked Baekhyun what I should wear to the concert, and he told me to wear some casual clothes and then I'll be dressed by the SuperM styling team. Okay, so it really is that easy then. Later on in the afternoon, I am in a makeup chair, getting my makeup done how the boys have theirs. Korean makeup really is a whole nothing style. It's a lot softer than most American makeup styles. I think I might like it better than what I would do for myself.

When my makeup is finished, I'm given the okay to put my concert outfit on. I'm wearing an outfit that matches the beautiful and silky Tiger Inside stage outfits. My outfit looks something like this:

They gave me colorful extensions so that even my hair can match

They gave me colorful extensions so that even my hair can match. Then, after everything is finished, my que to come out on stage to sing Big Chance with SuperM comes. I walk out on stage and am intimidated by the large crowd. I try not to show on my face that I am nervous. I start singing alomg, harmonizing with Lucas', Taeyong, and Kai's deeper toned voices, and matching Ten, Baekhyun, and Taemin's tone. It is hard to get up to those higher notes, so I let Taemin and Ten do what they does best; high notes. We finish Big Chance and transition straight into With You.

After my first date with Sungchan, this song is quite fitting to my situation. I'm having so much fun, singing and just vibing with SuperM. They are so much fun to be around. We even have this moment during the chorus where we wrap an arm around our shoulders and just swso. The crowd is loving the chemistry between myself and the SuperM members. I have another moment with Lucas where we're singing together and keeping consistent eye contact throughout. I hope Sungchan doesn't watch this and get jealous. I just hope he's not the jealous type.

I finish singing With You with the members, and take my bow, then make my way off the stage. That was probably the most fun I've ever had in Seoul thus far. It makes me sad that I have to go home tomorrow morning, but I must return to my normal life of online school and trying my best to keep up with school. . .