Chapter 17

Since Taeil isn't here, Mark asked me to fill his spot in My Everything. This is very intimidating because I've never filled such a space before. I will try my best, and I hope my vocal lessons with Baekhyun has paid off. I also have to cover Xiaojun's part. It's hitting me that 2/3 members who sing in this unit for My Everything, are missing. To fill Xiaojun's spot, they decided that Jungwoo will do it. I guess I will just be singing with Renjun and Jungwoo which will be cute hehe. They also asked me to cover Ten and Haechan's part in 90's Love, that one harmony high note is iconic, and I'll try my best to replicate that. I'm also sad that I had to pick and choose members. I would love to have all 23 members here, but that would be too much. I would have loved to have all of WayV here, but I only chose Lucas.

NCT 127 begins their performance first since most of the songs on that setlist is from them. They start with their iconic Cherry Bomb. Even though I'm in a big, poofy dress, I can't help but dance along. I am also wear heels, which is not ideal for a choreography like this, or any choreography really. I decide to give it up and just wait for my moment with NCT U. Following Cheery Bomb, they performed Regular(English Version). They wanted to get all their high-evergy performances out of the way so that when it comes to the ballads, it can give them some time to relax. The rest of 127's setlist is the following: Kick It, NonStop, Highway To Heaven - English Version, FOOL, Paper Plane, Jet Lag, Make Your Day, Love Me Now, Love Song, and ending with the beautiful, Dreams Come True.

Next up was the NCT U subunits for 90's Love, Make A Wish(Birthday Song) - English Version, My Everything, and TOUCH. Beforehand, Mark told me I should make an outfit change so that I can participate in the performance of 90's Love. They had actually came prepared in case I did want to perform with them. In the bathroom, there are various stage outfits hanging up with me, matching the concept of the NCT U songs. I see the hockey outfit for 90's Love, and I was in. With the help of my friends, I get into the hockey outfit. There's even my birth year number on the back: 03 and my name above that. This hockey outfit is so cool, I love it. I hope I'll be able to keep it just as a memory to have.

I come out of the bathroom, wearing my hockey stage outfit. The boys in the 90's Love - NCT U unit, see me walk back into the ballroom in my hockey room and applaud. They are happy that it fits me and that it looks so good on me. It is a shame that four members are missing from this unit, though: WinWin, Ten, YangYang, and Haechan. There are only 3 of the original 7 members here, but again, NCT are used to adapting to their situation, and was able to fill the missing spaces with other members and myself. The instrumental starts and we get right into it.

Mark starts the song off strong with his rap line. I'm not one who is too into rap music and this style, but when it's NCT, I just have to love it. Then, it's my turn with Ten and Haechan's part. Ten's part goes a little fast, as if he rapped, but Mark had coached me on how to rap this part beforehand, so I think I'll be fine. Having a female rapper and vocalist in NCT U changes their whole dynamic, but clearly, the boys are loving it hehe. This is actually so much fun, I'm loving it. Then, came Sungchan's iconic rap part:
길을 쓸고 다닌 스트릿
이젠 그냥 클래식 (Blow that)
주머니는 헐렁했지 (I show that)
자 찍어 cheesе (Clack)
필름 속의 친구 다들 make V (You know that)
I've always loved that part in the song. It will forever be iconic.

We finish singing 90's Love, and I'm out of breath. That song is so energetic, but it's the best. NCT U switch members for their performance of Make A Wish(Birthday) - English Version. I literally love this song so much too. The lyrics are a bit. . . Suggestive to say the least. For this unit, three members are missing: Shotaro, Doyoung, and Xiaojun. They are three key members in this song, but NCT has figured out a way to still make this song work with the members that are here. They threw in a few members from the Work It unit, and it was like those members never left. Having Johnny and Jungwoo, instead of those three, really changed the vibe, but it was still a good performance.

Now, it's time for me to shine with My Everything, performing with Renjun and Jungwoo, two vocalists who really shine bright in their own units. I hope I can do good by them. Instead of Taeil and Xiaojun, we have Jungwoo and myself. The instrumental begins and we start singing together. It's such a beautiful moment that we share between the three of us. It even causes some of the audience to break into tears. That is how beautiful we sound right now. I could never replace Taeil nor Xiaojun. I wish they could be here, but I already had picked too many members already. It was hard enough to get the ones that I chose here.

We finished our performance by hold hands, then taking one big bow to the crowd. My friends and family still can't believe that I'm friends with all these K-pop celebrities, but sometimes, the world works in strange ways. Last but certainty not least, the last NCT U unit performs a classic: TOUCH. This song is so cute. Like, it was one of my favorites from NCT 2018.  This unit is actually NCT 127. They were the ones who performed this song originally. I just love that they ended my party with this song. It's just perfect.