Chapter 8

The next day, I just had to talk to Sungchan and Shotaro to find out the truth. I want to know if they really have a crush on me, or just really like me as a friend. I went to their dorms and knocked on the door. Sungchan answers the door, greeting me with a hug. I can't get over how tall he is. Anyways, I walk into the living room of their dorm and ask them to sit down so we can chat.
"So, guys. As Johnny let me know, both of you seemingly have a crush on me. Here is the thing. I have to choose one, so who likes me more?" I asked.
"Sungchan?" Shotaro asked.
"It's me." Sungchan said.
"What about you, Shotaro?" I asked.
"I like you a lot, but just as a friend." Shotaro said.
"Okay, just a tomodachi to you." I said. Tomodachi means friend in Japanese.
"Mhm, yes." Shotaro said.
"So, it's settled. Let's discuss this further, Sungchan." I said.
"Okay." Sungchan said, looking a bit nervous.
"Don't be nervous, I just want to talk." I said.

We asked Shotaro to go to his room that they Sungchan and I can have our private time to talk. We talked for like an hour, just trying to see if we can go forward with this relationship or not. After further discussion and asking permission from SM Entertainment, Sungchan and I can be in a private romantic relationship with each other. The statement was then written later and posted for the public to see. I can't believe that within a week of meeting NCT and EXO, I start to date a member of NCT. My life couldn't get any crazier than this. I immediately changed Sungchan's name in my KakaoTalk from just his name; Sungchan to a new title; 성찬오빠💕💞(Sungchan oppa). Personally, I hate the word "oppa" with a passion, but Sunchan told me to address him by three things; 남자칭구(Namchin), 재기/재기야
(jagi/jagiya), and 오빠(oppa).

Sungchan and I got together knowing that I would be leaving in a couple days, so he wants to make my last three days in South Korea extra special. He didn't tell me what I we were going to do or where we were going to go, but I'm excited nevertheless. Later that evening, in fact, Sungchan took me out to my newfound favorite K-bbq restaurant. I love Korean barbecue, but this one restaurant just makes their food incredible. I'm so glad that Sungchan took me to this restaurant because I love it.

We walk into the restaurant and Sungchan reserves our table. Once we're seated, the waiter lights our grill. Sungchan avoided ordering pork and certain seafood because of my personal reasons, and he understands this. Instead, he just ordered himself sushi and other forms of raw meat. I don't understand how some people can eat raw anything, but Sunchan loves it, so I don't judge him for it. Our meats arrive, Sunchan being the older one, does the honor of cooking our food. Sungchan also avoided ordering any type of alcohol because, yes, I am also the type of person to not drink any alcohol either. Sungchan respects my personal views as his new girlfriend, so the least he can do, is to avoid ordering certain foods.

During our little dinner, we have a chat, trying to get to know each other.
"So, Sungchan. When did you join SM Entertainment?" I asked.
"I joined around 2018, 2019. I was chosen to debut in NCT 2020, and then I finally debuted on October 12, 2020." Sungchan explained.
"Ah~ I see. Well, I've been in school choirs since my elementary days, then I left choir in my sophomore year of high school. I do singing on my own, in my free time." I said.
"Ah, nice." Sungchan said.
"I was almost scouted by SM Entertainment and given a trainee contract for SM Square in Los Angeles, but I refused it." I said.
"Aww, 왜죠?" Sungchan asked(Why?)
"I don't really want to be an idol or trainee." I said.
"Okay, I understand." Sungchan said.
"My vocal coach is Baekhyun, but that doesn't mean I want to become a trainee or idol." I said.
"Mhm, okay." Sungchan said.

We finished eating dinner then had a walk down the streets of Gangnam. It's really peaceful at night, and it's even better with Sungchan. At one point, we were sign to show PDA, but then, I was the first to interlock my fingers in Sunchan's hand, now we're holding hands. Sungchan is the opposite of me, meaning, he's an extrovert and I'm introvert. I feel like, once a person gets to know me, I can talk their ear off. I feel comfortable with Sungchan, and I feel like I can tell him everything. We have a bit of a language barrier because we're not too good at each other's languages, but we're committed to learning for each other. I feel like I should constantly be learning from Sungchan and vice versa. We should always be learning and growing as boyfriend and girlfriend.

We finished our walk, as Sungchan came with me to drop me off at my hotel room.
"I had fun tonight, thank you." I said.
"No, thank you. You are the best." Sungchan said.
"I hope to see you soon." I said.
"Me too." Sungchan said.
The tension slowly builds between us. Then, there is a K-drama like moment shared between us. Sungchan puts an arm up so I have no escape. Before I knew it, we were kissing. I feel like this is love at first sight. I am on cloud 9 right now. I am so in love with Sungchan, it's not even funny. It's hard to fall for someone after knowing them for a single week, but I think I know for sure that I am in love with Sungchan. I don't know how or even if I will tell my family about this. The question is; who do I tell first?