Chapter 19

*Time Skip - Moving in w/ Sungchan*
Sungchan has decided to move out of the NCT dorms so that we can have a place to ourselves as a soon-to-be married couple. His members were completely understanding of this. About a week after my graduation, I had been packing up my room, and all my stuff to prepare to move across the world, and to move in with Sungchan. We got an apartment nearby SM Entertainment so it would be easy for Sungchan to get to work and go home at the end of the day.

As for me, I will be a university student at my dream university, Yonsei University. I will also try my best to navigate around Seoul and find myself a part time job. Since I had a part-time job back home as a cashier, maybe I can find something similar at E-Mart. It is a grocery store commonly found all around Korea. I think it will be a good first job here in Seoul. I looked around online, looking for part-time openings at various E-Mart locations. After a long search, I eventually found an opening at a nearby E-Mart in Yeoksam-ro, Yeoksam-do, Gangnam, Seoul.

I head into the E-Mart at that location and meet with the store owner who will be interviewing me. I sent in my job application along with my resumé from America. I'm hoping that my past work experience will help me get this job. My interview goes relatively well, noting that my Korean has gotten much better compared to last year. I got lots of help from NCT and EXO along the way, so my Korean level is to a conversational level. The shop owner was impressed with my Korean, despite me being a foreigner. I mean, I have some of the best Korean tutors out there. I have my boys to thank for getting me to the level I am at today.

By the end of my interview, I ended up getting the job and I can start as soon as tomorrow. This is very exciting. I can start earning my own money as a student in Korea and Sungchan and I can start saving up for our wedding. Looks like I'm starting off my new life in South Korea on an extreme high. I can't wait to start my new job in a new country. I will be marrying a Korean, so that means a free ride to a visa, but that is the complicated part. Right now, I just have a visitor's visa, and I'm nowhere near to getting a permanent residency. I have 90 days until my visa expires and I'm forced to go back home. It's like one of those episodes of 90 Day Fiancé but in real life, oof.

I came back from my interview at E-Mart to tell Sungchan the good news. I had to wait all day for him to come home, though.
"Sungchan!! I got a job!" I exclaimed.
"Did you? Ah, now you have to change your status on your visa." Sungchan said.
"Oh, that's true. I have to change it to a South Korea work visa instead of a visitor's visa. This is so complicated." I said.
"It won't be once we marry, it'll all be okay." Sungchan said, hugging me.
"I hope we can marry soon so I don't have to stress this anymore." I said.
"We will, I promise." Sungchan said.
I trust every word that Sungchan says because if I didn't, our relationship wouldn't work. We are both in this together, so it's best to trust each other.

My journey to becoming a Korean citizen and living out the rest of my life in South Korea has just begun. I think I am ready to take on new responsibilities that I have never had to worry about before. Becoming a Korean citizen means marrying Sungchan and then getting permanent residency here in Korea. It will be a long journey til then, but I am determined to make it work. I already got my job here, all that's left now is to get married to Sungchan. Sungchan is also anticipating our wedding as well, we just need to wait for the right time to have the wedding. Sungchan is so unbelievably busy these days with his promotions in NCT, that it is hard to plan the wedding and have it. Since I'm starting to live in South Korea, and figure out my stuff with my visa and later on my dual citizenship and driver's license. There is still a lot of things I need to get done. Sungchan is trying his best to always be by my side during these complicated times.

A few weeks later, I started getting my papers together and start working on my permanent residency here in South Korea. I went to the United States Embassy in Seoul to get this done. I had to wait in a long line, then had a talk with one of the employees at the embassy that will help me get my residency. I told her since I'm marrying a Korean citizen, if it will take a shorter time to get my residency, but she explained to me that I have to be living and working in South Korea for at least three to five years. I will still have to wait for a long time before I can apply for my dual citizenship for the United States and South Korea. I had taken in a lot of information today and my brain is fried, but I have a general idea of what needs to be done before I get my residency, get my license, my new passport, etc. I had taken notes and will be taking it back to my apartment to read over later as a reminder. I will also explain to Sungchan what I need to do. It is confusing to him as it is to me, but we'll figure it out together.