6

Edward's P.O.V.

I was really confused at what is happening at home with Brooke. I walked in the house after being away for a little bit and the living room is a mess and she is having a breakdown. I am currently at school with my siblings that attend and I am still lost on what happened. I am trying to read their minds, but they aren't thinking about the events that happened and it is frustrating me.

'Will someone please tell me what is going on with Brooke. Like why the living room was wrecked and she was having a fit when I walked in. And why I can't get anything out of your minds and why nobody is saying anything." I began firing questions.

"One, because we don't want you to know and two, because things aren't good right now. So why don't you just mind your own business and not worry about Rory and don't go near the human." Rosalie sneered at me.

I looked at the faces of my other siblings and they all had a blank look, so I couldn't read what they were feeling. I rolled my eyes and waited with them for the bell to ring so we could head to our first classes.

When biology rolled around Bella walked in and was surprised to see me sitting in my seat.

"Hello. I didn't have a chance to introduce myself last week. My name is Edward Cullen... You're Bella." I Said.

"I'm... yes." she says.

"Onion root tip cells! That's what's on your slides. Separate and label them into the phases of mitosis. The first partners to get it right, win... the golden onion!" Mr. Molina says excitedly holding up a spray painted onion. Everyone just looks at him, "Come on, people. Tick tock."

"Ladies first." I say, she grabs the microscope defensively and snaps the first slide in, adjusting the lens.

"You've been gone." Bella said.

"Out of town. For personal reasons." I said.

"Prophase." she said and moves the slide around.

"May I look? Prophase." I say, and look at the slide after she slides the microscope over.

"Like I said." she mutters, while I write it on the worksheet.

"Enjoying the rain?" I ask to make conversation.

"Seriously? You're asking me about the weather?" Bella asks annoyed.

"It appears." I mutter back.

"No. I don't like the cold. Or the wet. Or the gray. Or parkas. Or turtle necks." she says defensively.

"Anaphase." I say after looking at the next slide.

"May I?" she asks to make sure, "Anaphase." she confirms.

"Like I said." I say. She glances at me, and this time sees a smirk. She simply holds out her hand for another slide (handing her the slide) "If you hate cold and rain, why move to the wettest place in the continental U.S." I say.

"It's complicated." she replies.

"I think I can keep up." I said.

"My mother remarried." she says.

"Very complex. So you don't like him." I mutter.

"Phil is fine. Young for her, but nice enough." she says before reading the slide, "Interphase."

After class I am standing out in the hallway waiting for Bella to come out. When she basically runs into me because I am in front of her.

"Why didn't you stay with your mom and stepdad?" I ask waiting for an answer.