10

Edward's P.O.V.

Today is the day that Bella is coming over. There is a lot of emotions going through everyone and the house. Tucker and Brooke are the only ones that are going to skip Bella's visit. Brooke is not in the right mindset and is a danger to others right now. Carlisle gave her some medication that makes her in a short coma like state, she was put on it last night and will be out for the next few days. Tucker stays by her side all day and night, sitting on their bed with her sleeping on the bed with her head on his lap. He feels lost and hurt because is mate and wife is in this state and can't help her.

After arriving at my house and getting out Bella is amazed by the beauty of the house. We walk in and hear Italian music playing, well mostly me.

"It's so light and open." she says.

"Thanks to tinted windows... It's the one place we never have to hide." I say and then add, "I told them not to do this." after hearing clanging in the kitchen.

"Bella. We're making Italiano for you." Esme says once she sees Bella come around the corner.

"This is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." I tell Bella.

"Bon giorno?" Bella says in Italian.

"Molto bene!" Esme replies.

"I hope you're hungry." Carlisle says.

"Oh, absolutely -" Bella starts.

"She already ate." I interrupt her, earning a look.

"Perfect." Rose says, dropping the bowl of food she is holding on the floor making the bowl shatter.

"I just assumed -- because you don't eat, you know..." Bella stutters out.

"Of course. That was very considerate of you." Esme tells her appreciatively.

"Yes, let's keep pretending this isn't dangerous for all of us." Rose states angrily.

"I would never, ever tell anyone." Bella says.

"She knows that." Carlisle says, referring to Rose.

"The problem is, you two have gone public now, so..." Emmett addresses.

"Emmett." Esme says warningly.

"No, she should know. The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly." Rose says, protecting our family like always.

"Badly. Like, where I become a meal." Bella says realizing what Rose meant causing Emmett to choke in laughter. Esme chuckles, and I grin and wrap my arm around her. Rosalie, exasperated, heads back into the kitchen. Emmett shrugs, goes after her.

"Hi Bella! I'm Alice. You do smell good." Alice says coming in with Jasper, holding flowers.

"And you're Jasper, right?" Bella asks politely.

"Pleasure to meet you." Jasper says standing a ways away so he didn't hurt Bella, not shaking her hand.

"You won't hurt her, Jasper." Alice says gently encouraging him but he doesn't move.

"I'll give you a tour of the house." I say taking Bella's hand and heading upstairs.

"Graduation caps?" Bella questions looking at all of the caps displayed on the wall.

"A private joke. We matriculate a lot." I tell her.

"What a nightmare, repeating high school." Bella says with a grimace.