9

With Bella

What is going on at school in the cafeteria

"He's not here. Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear." Jessica said to Bella who is looking for the Cullens.

"They just... ditch?" Bella asks.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close." Jessica said.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric! I just asked him, I took control! Are you sure you have to go out of town?" Angela says bouncing over to the table and hugging Bella.

"It's a family thing." Bella said answering Angela's question about not not going to prom.

"Oh my God, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the dresses get cleaned out." Jessica said getting excited.

"Port Angeles? Can I go with you guys?" Bella asks, getting an idea.

"Thank God. We need your opinion." Angela said.

PORT ANGELES

"I think this halter makes my boobs look big. What do you think, Bella?" Jessica asks Bella. Outside the window, a group of rowdy frat boys head toward a bar. Two of them stare at Jessica in her low-cut dress. Embarrassed, she turns back to Bella. "Bella?" she asks getting her attention.

"It looks great." Bella says, not paying attention.

"You said that about the last five dresses." Jessica tells Bella.

"You're not very good at this, are you?" Angela asks Bella.

"Maybe I should just go check out the bookstore and meet you at the restaurant later." Bella said grabbing her stuff and heading to find this bookstore.

Bella finds the bookstore and finds the book about tribe legends and buys it. She gets lost on her way back to finding Jessica and Angela and gets cornered by the frat boys from earlier.

Edward's P.O.V.

Since today is sunny we can't be out in public because we can't let them see our skin sparkle. Although we were stuck at home we had a great time spending it as family all together. We all went to our baseball field to watch Emmett, Tucker, and Brooke race in their Jeeps. They did a number of laps in a circle around the baseball field and they also did a few drag races too. It's nice to see Brooke having fun and looking like herself and not the other self that is being eaten alive by nightmares and emotions. Everyone is smiling, laughing, and having a great time since we don't get a lot of days that we do this.

It was getting late and we are all inside when Alice has a vision of Bella being cornered by frat boys. So, I take by car and drive as fast as I can without getting pulled over to Port Angeles. I see Bella and I get out of the car, leaving it running, and fight off the boys.

"Get in the car now. Hurry!" I tell Bella, seething with anger, hands gripping the steering wheel and jaw clenched.

"What -- no, how did you find-" Bella stutters out.

"I should go back and rip their heads off." I say through my teeth

"No. Bad idea." Bella tells me.

"You don't know the vile, repulsive things they were thinking." I tell her, since I heard the things that their minds were screaming.

"And you do?" Bella asks.