Hadiths Concerning Imam Ali [ L26 ]

Below are given seven sayings of Prophet Muhammad (saw) in support of Imam Ali's special status:

1."This ('Ali) is my brother, my executor, and my successor among you. Hearken to him and obey him."

2.'Then he took 'Alī's hand and said: "Am I not closer (awla) to the faithful than their own souls?"" Yes!," They declared. He said: "Am I not worthier of each one of them than their own soul?"" Yes!," They responded. He said: "Then this is the friend/ protector (wali) of each person for whom I am their wali. O my God, protect whomever he protects (wali man wālāhu)! O my God, be the enemy of whoever is an enemy to him!"

3.'Truly, Ali is from me and I am from him, and he is the wali of every believer after me' – Prophet Muhammad (saw) .

4."God placed the children of all prophets in their backbone but placed my children in the backbone of Ali".

5."I am the Master of the revealed letter (of the Quran), and 'Ali is the master of the spiritual hermeneutics." Prophet Muhammad (saw)

6."Ali b. Abī Tālib is the one who has the knowledge of the exoteric (zāhir) as well as of esoteric (bātin)." Prophet Muhammad (saw)

7."Ali is with the Qur'an and the Quran is with Ali. They will not separate from each other until they return to me at the pool."Prophet Muhammad (saw)