Two

Sophia's POV

Inside the building of Knight corp. I have manage to storm inside without getting into trouble using my grandfathers name and a little bit of lie. My heart was beating so fast, adrenaline was rushing all over my body that I could punch a man to death. But the impatience was killing me, the elevator was taking so long to reach the boss floor. So long.

My mind was clouded with appropriate ways to kill Ethan Knight who suddenly left and never came back. It's been three days. Three fucking days and to think he would know that his niece was ill.

The elevator finally opened at the highest floor of the building and finally it was time to get out. In the middle of the room was curved desk with two male secretaries on the phone, who seemed to be identical twins. One finally got of the phone and looked at me straight in the eyes, his expression was apathetic.

"Where's Ethan?" I stare at him back with just as much less of enthusiasm of an expression as he made.

"He's currently unavailable right now. Do you have an appointment with him?" He asks annoyed at me for imitating him.

"No, but—"

"If you don't then please leave." He cuts me off.

"But I need to talk to him, please."

"I'm really sorry, Miss. But you aren't allowed to, and you can't."

"Why don't I set an appointment for you, and you can come back next week to talk to him?" The other twin says with a fake smile, while gently putting down his phone.

"Please, leave—"

"No it's fine," I hear Ethan's oh-so familiar voice from the corner of the room. I turn to him, and his face was just as haggard as mine. But the level how pissed off I am right now was just at it's highest peek. He look at me and smiled, his arms wide open. "You missed me, sweetheart?—"

I slap him.

"Oh, boy!" Both the twins perk up and sings in unison.

"You don't see that all day." The one says in much enthusiasm.

"Indeed, indeed." The other one agreed.

I stare at Ethan, waiting for him to react to what I just did. If I get slapped now, I'm going all out and I'll rip his dick off and make him eat it.

Ethan sighs, leaving a curse underneath his breath. He was clear as day pissed off, veins were popping out of his balled fists. And just there, A piece of important information I just obtained the other day finally came and reminded me, this man was a psychotic mafia boss, who owns a gun inside his car.

Shit.

My every piece of existence felt like it was slowly fading, my dignity, pride, and life was like a sound of glads shattering from the back. I just slapped the man who can kill and ruin me with money. My soul was trembling.

"What the hell was that for?" He looks at me, while cupping his blushy red cheek.

But instead of getting killed right off the spot and pissing my pants. I was somehow relieved (that I wasn't dead...yet) that he still cared even just a little. Tears starts running down my cheeks, making me sob and out of breath.

"Fuck. What did I do now?" He says in panic.

"I didn't know what to do, so I just called an ambulance and got her confined for a while. It just happened earlier." I choke.

"Who?"

"Charlie. Didn't you know she's sick?"

"I do. I've been trying to find a good doctor to cure her cancer." Ethan said. He turns to his secretaries. "Call my brother and his wife tell them the favor has been fulfilled. I'll be out for a few months."

"Right away, boss." They both say.

"Where are you going now?" I look at him. Where is he going to go now? Am I suppose to live my whole life inside his penthouse? Please, don't leave me here.

"We are going."

Ethan's POV

Doctors from across the countries were summoned by none other than yours truly. Dying wasn't an option for my niece even though its been days since she accepted that she was going to die in an early age. Cancer was a scary disease other than AIDS, but as if I'd let one of my family member die without experiencing the perks of life.

But right here and now, I stare at the woman who ever laid a finger on me as much as to slap me hard on the face in front of my sarcastic secretaries. Straight into her eyes, she was terrified at me, from the moment she saw me I knew she was. And as a monster as I am, I had to control myself from getting angry in front of her or else she'll keep living under my roof in fear. And the boys would think of me as some kind of fucking sex offender.

"What the hell was that for?" I ask, cupping my cheek. Damn, this woman can slap.

I stare at her infuriated expression intently. The next minute she was mad, now it she slowly turned frantic and in a panic, then suddenly started crying. Okay, women are so confusing. Just how fucked up can the female brain be?

"I didn't know what to do, so I just called an ambulance and got her confined for a while. It just happened earlier."

"Who?"

"Charlie. Didn't you know she's sick?"

"I do. I've been trying to find a good doctor to cure her cancer." I try and explain shit as to why I was absent, a little explanation will probably save my face from getting slapped again, no? I turn to the two Russo twins. "Call my brother and his wife tell them the favor has been fulfilled. I'll be out for a few months."

"Right away, boss." They both say, as they roll their eyes at me. I ignore their acts of trying to get me pissed.

"Where are you going now?" Sophia looks at me as if wanted to say something other than that.

"We are going." I correct her.

"Where? What about Charlie?"

"Home. Her parents will be by her side all the way, so don't worry anymore."

"Alright."

And with the end our discussion we set foot back inside the elevator, then down to ground floor with nothing much to say or tell. Sophia was really worried for Charlie, I can tell from the moment I placed Charlie on the stool. But as much as Sophia likes Charlie and would want to visit her, I will not allow it. Nor will I introduce Sophia to my other Family members.

"Sorry by the way." She murmurs underneath her breath, loud enough to be heard.

I look at her and gave her a light tap on the shoulder as a way of saying it's fine. I understood why she'd slap me, I'd slap me too for leaving. I walk ahead of her outside the building, my car already and is waiting for me just outside the entrance.

So so shoooooort~ sorry

~ B.C