Eight

Sophia's POV

"What happened to him?"

"He got shot on the shoulder two times." Blenn shrugged, while scrolling down his phone. Not seeming to slightly care about his boss getting shot.

"Who did this to him?"

Blenn sighed in annoyance, and diverted his full attention to me and gave me a soft smile. "Sophia, Sophia," His index finger touching my lips. "Shh, you ask too many questions." Then went back to scrolling down on his phone.

I looked at him a bit stunned. I think it's better to shut my mouth, Blenn was totally annoyed. Probably because I asked too many questions or that he was pissed that his boss was shot on the shoulder.

I leaned back against the wall, and slumped down the floor sitting with my legs crossed. I stare at the door which had Operating Room written on it. Is he going to make it? Tears started running down my eyes uncontrollably, flashing through my eyes vaguely was from the time my parents and I were traveling to meet a family friend and then suddenly the tires exploded making the car stumble out of the edge of the round and down off the cliff. I was the only one who survived, blood was everywhere. I was terrified.

I snap out of my thoughts and turn to look at whose hand it was that tapped me on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" Blenn asked.

"Of course." I smile at him, wiping my tears off of my cheeks. "I-Is he going to be alright?"

"Of course he will." He smirked at me with pride in his eyes. "He's not our boss for nothing, Sophia."

Words from Blenn made me feel relieved and assured. Ethan will definitely make it. He will. Because he can't he's not allowed to. Because I still have so many things to say to him. I still have to tell him what I feel about him even if I get rejected.

Because I like him. No, I love him.

A slight pin-prick pain was felt on the right side of my brain. Shit, I look up at Blenn and reached my hand out to grab his hand. In my desperation I was able to, but for some reason I was breathing heavily. I was sweating really hard, and it just felt like I was about to pass out in any second. And I did.