Twenty-four

Sophia's POV

"We should go and apologize to Keith." I gave Ethan a worried look. The kid was so upset, frustrated, and angry. Hurt was evident in his eyes. He thought that Ethan had hurt me. I look at Keith's reflection in front of the mirror as he was gently and patiently drying my hair with a comb.

"To what point is there to apologize?" He nonchalantly asks. My hair is now almost completely dry, thanks to his hard work and patience but for once, why can't he just understand other peoples feelings. When they're either hurt or not.

"No, perhaps you should talk to him alone and apologize then." I say in annoyance.

"Why should I? You're the one who moaned out loud making them worry." He frowns at me.

I gave out a loud frustrated sigh, and slump my shoulders down. I stare at him for a few seconds, and let out another sigh in defeat. I was too tired to argue now, I just had that amazing time with him inside the bathroom and making another set of argument would only make myself feel physically and mentally tired. "Then don't." I merely say, and ended our conversation.

Few minutes of waiting, my hair was now finally dry and soft. And that Ethan was finally free to do whatever he wanted since he was now better than ever. I walked straight towards the door to go out, without giving him the second thought of, again, persuading to talk to Keith.

"Are you seriously upset with me?" He asks. He grab my wrist firmly to stop me from walking away from him, and spun me to face him. He held me from both of my shoulders and look at me intently.

"No, I'm not." I smile. I cupped his cheek and gave him a soft kiss on the lips, and removed his hands away from my shoulder. "I'm just tired. Perhaps, I'll just rest right after I apologize to Keith."

He sigh and hung his head to look down in defeat. "Fine, I'm coming with you.." He mutters in annoyance, and quickly swept me off my feet; carrying me like a princess then walked towards the kid's room to find Keith.

Surrounded by his brothers. We found Keith sitting down on the edge of his bed, while letting out silent sobs. His knuckles were bruised, as he formed it into a fist to rub his eyes, desperately trying to keep it from tears. My poor, sweetheart.

Ethan's POV

The door to their room was half open. And kept in cries were evident and clear from just the hallway. Man, I really made that kid cry. I took a quick glance down at Sophia, and saw her eyes closed probably she was guessing whether to tell him the truth about what was going out there, or a lie to cover up their innocent minds. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have came here, but because Sophia was starting that play of hers where she'd ignore me for days and make me feel bad about not doing it, then I surely had to.

We came inside. My eyes fell on Keith's pathetic state typical for kids his age. Crying and getting hurt was the only unstoppable thing that you couldn't hide, including sneezes.

"Oi," I say in irritation. They all turned their heads to look at me and quickly backed off when they saw my face. Gently, I placed Sophia right next to Keith and took a few steps back to look at him in irritation. "Tell me why you're crying."

"Ethan, we came here to—"

Sophia began her rants when I cut her off and repeated what I said to him. His reason better be valid or else my time would only be wasted by an incompetent weak kid, who lets his petty emotions get the best of him.

"I know from a fact that you were hurting mama," He gulped, and looked at me with a firm gaze. "If you love her then why would you hurt her?"