Twenty-two

Ethan's POV

I gaze at her soft hands slowly tracing my scars.

Soft, it was really soft and gentle--almost like she was scared of me, yet forcing herself to touch me. "hey."I murmur.

She flinched snapping out of her daze. She looks at me and quickly removes her hands away from mine. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude--I'll go and get you something to eat. excuse me--" She turns away. But just as she had the chance to leave, I grab her hand just in time.

"It's fine." I whisper softly and pulled her in, making stumble down on the bed and on to me. "Don't leave me." I finally uttered to say. Then hugged her tightly around my arms.

She was silent for a little while. Then I hear soft chuckles coming out of her pretty mouth. "You know you could have told me that from the start instead of acting like an asshole, you Tsundere."

what? I push her gently to see her face; she's laughing. What the hell is wrong with this woman? "what hell is wrong with you? You were the one who was acting cold towards me."I say, totally bewildered and confused.

"Oh cut your crap, Ethan. You played the cold card first." She snorts, then makes a face-like sticking her tongue out.

I let out a cough to cover up my totally uncool current feat. "No, as I remembered you're the one who acted cold in front of me."

"Nuh-uh,"She frowns. "I'm old, but I'm not that old, Knight."

"Old? Oh, really?"I flick her forehead making her fall back down.

She whimpers, "Quit doing that, Knight!"She scoots back and grabs a pillow hitting me non-stop.

I laugh, grabbing a pillow to throw it on her head. "Annoying woman."

"Annoying butt." She stops and falls backwards on the bed. She turns her head to me. "You're so annoying, Tsundere man."

"Tsundere?"I lift an eyebrow. "now what the heck is that?"

"No way in hell I'm telling you what that means," She sticks her tongue again. It was great seeing her like this she was cheerful when I'm around, and that she wasn't mad nor was she sad. But as much as she pulls this act up, I could still tell that she was forcing herself to be comfortable again with me.

I frown at her and kissed her lips. This woman. This annoying woman who can't even shut her mouth for a moment, who cant read my facial expressions thoroughly, who wont acknowledge my status, who keeps arguing and fighting, this woman who I had broke into pieces.. I miss this woman.

Sophia's POV

Quickly, I back away in surprise. I look at him, his hand still tightly grasp on mine. A long pause filled us, as we just silently stare at each other. My heart starts to race. The room began to slowly felt like it was completely shut; no doors, no windows. It was silent. Except, there were coughing noises echoing throughout. I snap out by the sound and yank my hand away from his tight grasp. He looks at his hand, still firmly holding mine, then he slowly lets go.

That was a kiss. Just now.

I look down, and properly sat next to him. "Whatever happened to us?" I whisper my voice shattering in pain.

He looks at me, then away. "I-I really don't know. . ."

"It's been two years, huh?" I let out a loud sigh as if I haven't cared all along.

For a while he didn't say anything and just looked down on my fidgeting fingers.

"Yeah. . ." He takes a quick glance at me and agrees.

I turn to him, his dark gray eyes were already locked onto mine. I could see sadness written all over his face, but still, he has the strength to cover everything up. I wish I was like him, I wish I had the strength like he had, I wish I had the will to move forward. I wish.

"I missed you." I force a smile, tapping his shoulder. I try to stand up, But he stops me.

His hands gripped tightly on mine. "Don't leave me."

I won't. I can't leave you even if I wanted to, because I love you so much that it breaks my heart to just even look at you. Up until now I can't ever bring myself not to cry or even control my tears from flowing out, his words were like a painters brush, it brings color to my life; Chaotic, Fun, and Sadness all at once.

"I won't,"I say with smile. Sitting down on his comfy bed, O allowed him to hold my hand, for a few minutes it stayed like this. We said nothing and just stayed comfortable in our own silence. "I wont leave you. I promise."