Twenty-five

Ethan's POV

"Leo is back? Seriously?" Shay shouts from the other line. "And you want me to get him out of there?"

Booming noises of the loud stereos inside the club he was in was getting annoying. And the more I'd have repeat everything to him to get him to hear was more annoying. Leo is back, and bluntly swooped Sophia out of my grasps by dazing me by the name of a ghost that I wished would just set me free and return me my piece of mind.

"Did you say something?" Shay shouts again.

I hanged up the call, and just furiously sent him a text in capital letters. Showing him how  pissed I was. Above the four of us, brothers, Leo was most definitely the luckiest, smartest, strongest, and the most powerful one of us. He 's got everything he wanted without having to work hard for it since he was charismatic and good with words. He was a dictator, people would love to serve. And I admit, he is that great.

Slamming my door open Andre bursts inside, his face flushed and in great panic. "Have you seen, Sophie? We haven't seen here anywhere."

"Calm the fuck down," I glare at him. "She's with my older brother."

He pauses. "Older brother? Leo? Leo is back?" His confused expression instantly changed after realizing. "Leo is back!" He shouts in joy and runs down stairs.

I let out a frustrated sigh, and decided to walk down stairs.

"I knew it." Blenn murmurs, crouches down and takes a knife hidden at the inside of his side-ankle. "I'll definitely land a hit this time."

"Ew, You're still on obsessed with that challenge?" Hugh rolls his eyes, sitting down on the couch with his legs crossed. "Andre and I, moved on from that impossible challenge, and you should, too."

"Never." Blenn whispers to his knife.

"Have you seen the kids?" I ask, walking down the stairs.

They don't say anything and just looked at me oddly with a kind of concern on their faces. A gaze I'm unaccustomed to, especially from my friends and family.

"What?"

"Leo's here," Hugh says. "So that means he found her?"

"I'm afraid so."

"But what about Sophia?" Blenn asks.

"What about Sophia?" I cock my head. Yes, what about Sophia. What about her? "Just a mere infatuation. Nothing more than killing time," I shrug, walking my way into the kitchen to grab a drink.

They don't say anything, and I walk past them as if we ever had this conversation.

"Leo!" I flinch from Andre's obnoxiously loud voice, my fingers almost losing it's grip around my glass.

Leo's POV

"Hey," I softly whisper on her ears. She's still sleeping soundly. "It's dark. We've been asleep for hours, we should go back inside before the bugs come and bite us."

Her eyes flutter open. She looks at me with her soft green eyes. "Yes," Sophia says.

I stand and help her get up from her feet. And side by side, we walk towards the mansion with our hands clasped together. It's been years since I've held last held this soft hands. It's been years since I've last seen her face and feel her presence. And now that I've finally seen her for so long I'm greeted a face that was beyond my expectations; Sad, lost and depressed. Her eyes were empty and lifeless. She thinks her thoughts are fully well-organized, that she's alright. But she's not, she's hurt and confused.

"It's okay to cry from the things you don't understand, my love," I whisper against her ear right before pushing the doors inside. She says nothing, but stares at me stunned for what feels like a while. Then follows me inside.

"Leo!" A familiar voice shouts just as I take my first step inside. I loosen my grip on her hand and advance a few steps ahead from her. I see Andre, Blenn, and Hugh. Their eyes in a mix of emotions. Just like the little kids back then, waiting for my return every christmas.

"It's been so long," I smile at them.

"We missed you," Hugh and Andre stands and bows for respect.

I turn to Blenn and wait for him. But instead, he's disappeared. I smirk. Swiftly dug my hand inside my jacket and took out my gun, blindly pointing it to my back left and slowly cocks it. "I missed you, too, Blenn." I mutter.

"Shit!" Blenn curses. My guess and timing was right. Just an inch away from my nape was his knife held by his out stretched hand, stopped by moving any further to stab me thanks to my gun that's pointed at his face.

I look at him. And he smiles, stands up and bows. "It's been a while, Leo." He says.

"Indeed." I smile. "But if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna head back to my room rest."

Seen from the corner of my eye is my little infuriated from my presence. His fists clearly clenched and his eyebrows are evidently creased down. I turn to his way and gave him a slight nod. I walk pass him and went upstairs to my room.

Everything is slowly changing. The tides, the climate, and everyone you've met. We're all trapped in this world where no one cares about your life long existence. We're all trapped in this world where only your riches are important. No one cares if you're dead, they just want your money. They just want to manipulate you for whatever reasons they have. I hope you, my brothers, understand the basics of what our cruel father has taught us. The sibling hierarchy exists for a reason. I will protect you, as the strongest, the wisest, the smartest. And as the billionaire of this hierarchy. I will let you toy with me to an extent, but once I'll plant my feet in your territories you shall honor me. And you will withdraw your pride as the heads of the family you run.

I am back.