Chapter 12

A/N- hey guys the next chapter will delve into more detail about jj leaving the crime life behind but I didn't realise I haven't updated in over a week so I'm sorry !  Anyways this is just going to be soft Jemily because I think we all need that right now🥰

Play the song when it gets to the dance. ♥️

Emily's POV

I've just woke up to the love of my life in my arms. She's still sleeping and I'm just staring at her admiring her features. Those defined cheekbones, her soft lips and, even though I can't see them right now, those beautiful ocean- blue eyes. My thoughts are interrupted by her stirring in my arms.

"You look like a creep." She says still half- asleep. I chuckle.

"Just admiring you" I reply. She leans in and pulls me into a soft kiss. We lay in bed for a while whilst I play with her hair.

"Let me take you to dinner tonight, just the two of us" I say breaking the comfortable silence.

"Are you sure? You just got out of the hospital." She says looking up at me.

"Well how about I cook you some dinner then? We'll stay in, watch a movie or something" I say looking into her eyes.

"That sounds perfect" she says placing a kiss on my
lips.

"Alright then well I'll run you a nice bath and whilst you're in there I'll cook us something."

"What are you going to make?" She asks slowly getting up out of the bed.

"You'll see" I say with a smirk.

"Can't I just have you for dinner?" She asks crawling toward me.

"What did you think was for dessert?" I say smiling.

"Ooh I like the sound of that"

About half an hour later JJ is getting in the bath I drew for her and I'm calling the only person who can help me with ideas for what to cook her.

"Rossi" he says down the phone.

"Hey it's Emily, I'm making dinner for JJ and I want to impress her but I don't know what to make, any ideas?"

"How about Tagliatelle Alla Puttanesca? It's pretty simple and tastes amazing." He replies with an excited tone in his voice.

"Sounds good! Can you send me the recipe? JJ stocked loads of food so we should have the stuff. I want to make it special." I reply.

"It will be, I've just sent it to you now. Enjoy kiddo"

"Thanks Dave"

I hang up and look over the recipe and it turns out we have everything I need for it.

"Alexa, play my cooking playlist" I say.

I start by making the pasta then before I know it I'm plating it up.

I think I've done quite well. I just hope she likes it.

I put a romantic playlist on and light some candles around the table. I go to the bedroom and JJ is drying her hair.

"Dinner is served" I tell her.

"Hmm smells lovely." She says wrapping her arms around me.

We walk into the kitchen still attached and I pull out her chair for her.

"Emily, this is amazing." She says sitting down admiring the table layout and the kitchen that is covered with candles.

I pour both of us a glass of red wine and sit opposite her. I reveal the dish I made and she gasps.

"Woah, I mean I knew you could cook but my god this looks incredible. What is it?" She asks.

"Tagliatelle Alla Puttanesca recommended by the one and only"

"Rossi?"

"Yeah" I say with a chuckle.

We start to eat and we are just talking about anything and everything, it's bliss. She is the best thing to ever happen to me.

I didn't realise I was staring at her until she spoke.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Oh nothing." I reply blushing a little.

"You're staring again" she replies chuckling.

"I just can't believe how lucky I am. I mean you're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes upon and you want to marry me. I never thought in a million years that this would be happening right now." I say barely containing my smile.

"Aww baby, you're so cute. I love you so much, I'm the lucky one. You're an FBI agent, you save lives everyday I'm so lucky to be able to call you my wife soon."

I lean over and place a quick kiss on her lips.

We finish our food and we moved to the couch. We are just sat snuggling together. We've gone through nearly four bottles of wine and didn't even realise. The music is playing and At Last by Etta James starts to play.

She grabs my hand and pulls me up wrapping her arms around my neck slowly dancing with me.

She starts softly singing along to the lyrics.

"At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song"

This is one of my favourite songs too. We are just dancing with each other around the room and I couldn't be happier than I am in this moment. Of course our dancing isn't perfect as we've had nearly two bottle of wine each but we are trying.

She nestles her head into the crook of my neck. So I start repeating the words into her ear.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you"

I start swaying her around which cause her to giggle.

"And I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known"

I twirl her around me and dip her which takes her by surprise.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, and you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in Heaven
For you are mine at last"

I emphasise the last part and as soon as the song finishes I pull her into a soft yet passionate kiss.

This was the best night of my life. After the kiss I pick her up bridal style and carry her to the bedroom. We made love all night long.

A/N- hey guys hope you liked. I love some soft Jemily 🥰 please vote and comment ideas!!