Chapter 13

A/N- hey guys sorry I didn't realise I haven't updated in nearly a month so this is about JJ leaving the crime life but will it catch up to her?
TW⚠️mentions of suicide and emotional abuse

JJ's POV

I wake up to my phone ringing. Surprisingly Emily hasn't woken up yet so I carefully detangle myself from under her and answer it on my way to the kitchen.

"Jareau?"

"Oh so you think you can fuck us all off and become an FBI agent?"

"Who is this?"

"Ryan... I thought you knew that. I worked with you for 10 years and this is what I get, you fuck me off completely. You'll pay for this JJ. You and your precious FBI girlfriend. I'm coming for you. All of you"

He hangs up and I sit down at Emily's kitchen island just staring at my phone screen. I didn't even realise Emily come in.

She wraps her arms around me and I jump slightly.

"Hey you okay? What was that about?" She asks.

"Oh nothing just an old friend" I lie.

"Oh okay" I know she doesn't buy it.

"I'm gunna take a shower." I say walking towards the bathroom.

"Hang on" she shouts. "You know you asked about that marijuana business, what happened to it? You haven't mentioned it for months." She asks.

"Well, when I was offered the position at the BAU I kinda dropped everything I used to do. Including the business. My old bodyguard/ partner Ryan had to take over but I didn't really tell him I just changed my numbers and moved in with you."

"How did he take it?"

"Uhh he...he's kinda pissed."

"That's who you were on the phone with then I'm guessing?" She asks. I know I can't lie to her now.

"Yeah. He's angry. Real angry." She motions for me to sit with her. I walk over.

"What did he say baby?"

"That he's coming for us. Me, you and the team."

"He knows we are all FBI right?" She says chuckling.

"Yeah but that won't stop him. When he wants something he'll do anything to get it. We just need to be more vigilant."

"Okay babe" she says planting a kiss on my cheek.

We both get ready for work. I'm wearing Emily's white shirt with a black blazer and some black pants and Emily is wearing all black as per usual.

We get in the SUV and Emily is driving. She's bought this new cologne and it's so intoxicating.

After arriving at the BAU we head to our desks. I'm sat looking at the clock just secretly hoping we get a case. Just before lunch I see Emily get a phone call she looks at it and rolls her eyes declining it. It happens twice before she eventually answers it and walks to the bathroom.

Ten minutes later she walks out and she has tears in her eyes. She shrugs them off and continues with her work. I'll ask her when we get home.

It gets to lunch and me and Em are meeting Penelope.

I swing by her office to see if she's ready and she's laughing to herself. I clear my throat. "What's so funny?" I ask her. She shoots up almost panicked.

"Oh good your not Emily. She'd kill me"

"Why what have you done?" I ask.

"You cannot tell her about the photos I'm about to show you okay?"