Chapter 7

A/N- hello people...it's currently 04:07 in the morning and I can't sleep so I have decided to update now rather than tomorrow. If there's any typos I'm sorry but it's 3 in the morning 😂

Also spot the greys reference too!

Smut in this chapter !! 🥵😸🦋

Emily's POV

I sent a car to pick JJ up to take her to Carluccio's. I was already at Rossi's waiting for Derek to pull up in his new Range Rover. I had the box in my left pocket. I hadn't told anyone I was going to do this.

I'm sat on Rossi's patio having a cigarette with a glass of whiskey when I hear him come up behind me.

"Them things will kill you yanno"

"Like our job won't?" I say in a sarcastic tone. "It already did once" I say with a chuckle. He laughs too.

"So how are you planning to do it?" He says with a smirk.

"Do what?"

"Well you've been incredibly nervous since you got here, you've gone for a smoke 4 times and you've had three whiskeys already. So I'm assuming you want to propose to her but you're worried that she'll say no. Correct me if I'm wrong." He says with a smug grin.

"God I hate it when you profile me. Yes I'm going to propose tonight but I don't know how. I want her in my life forever. She's changed me completely and it's for the better and I want to commit my life to her. There just something about her Dave. Something I can't put my finger on that makes me want to be with her 24/7"

"I think you already know how to do it then. You just need to say all of that but down on one knee with a ring in your hand. I can't see her saying no. The way she looks at you is how I looked at Hayden when I first saw her. Pure admiration. She'll say yes kiddo, you just gotta have the courage to do it in front of all of us" he says with a smile, clinking my glass with his and walking off.

Derek finally pulls up and we head to Carluccio's.

JJ is five minutes out and Garcia texted me saying she looks stunning. I mean she's stunning in general, in everything she does. She could wear anything and I think I'd fall deeper in love with her. I hear the car pull up and I rush to the entrance but I'm trying not to look obvious.

"Holy shit" I say to Derek who was stood next to me.

"Take your jaw off the floor Prentiss" he says laughing.

God I'm lost for words. She looks drop dead gorgeous. I just want to rip off that dress and fuck her on the table. I feel myself getting wetter looking at her. Calm down Emily before the whole team realises that you've creamed your pants! I think to myself.

The nerves start again so I finish the rest of my whiskey.

JJ's POV

As soon as I walk into Carluccio's and I see her stood there in that red suit I nearly fell over. I was weak at the knees. She makes me want to do things to her right here right now. I see her down the rest of her drink. Her body language is off, she looks nervous. I'm probably just overthinking. I reassure myself.

We walk towards each other and we are both speechless.

"You look- I mean- wow..." I start but don't finish.

"Yeah you look- god you're so.." she pulls me into a deep kiss that feels like we've been away from each other forever.

"Okay guys we are in a public place." Rossi says smirking.