Chapter 9

A/N- hey guys I'm really bored so I'm going to update this book, this chapter isn't going to be great because I'm so tired from work so please ignore any spelling errors 😂
TW⚠️mentions of bipolar.

JJ's POV

Something's off with Emily. I don't know what it is. She's started closing herself off from me, she's barely been eating and she's had a short-temper.

I've been at the BAU for a few months now and the team are really kind to me. I just don't know what's wrong with her. I'm scared.

Sometimes she's really energetic and then some days she's incredibly low. I want to talk to her about it but I'm scared she'll push me away.

We just finished a case in Vermont and Strauss gave us a week off so we are spending another day here. We are sharing a room because the hotel was fully booked but we don't mind anyways.

We're on the way back to the hotel and she was really quiet. She was biting her fingernails again which usually means she's nervous or agitated.

We get in and she darts straight for the bathroom.

Emily's POV

Something's wrong with me. On some days, I can't focus properly on anything, I'm feeling down, I'm worried about everything and I don't want to do anything. Then on other days, I have loads of energy, I'm jumpy, I have trouble sleeping, I'm agitated and my mind feels like it's racing. I've been like this for a few months and I don't know what's wrong with me.

I'm really scared. 

I ran straight to the bathroom when we got to the hotel room. I'm pacing in front of the mirror looking at myself.

I lock the door and I slide to the ground. There's so many thoughts in my head right now that I can't focus on anything. I can't shut them up.

"Em? Open the door" I hear JJ say quietly knocking.

"I'm fine JJ, I won't be a second." I respond even though I know I'm not going to be.

10 minutes later I open the door and I go sit on the bed facing the wall.

"What's wrong Emily?" JJ asks. I know she's trying to help but I'm really irritated by everything today, I don't get why though.

"I'm fine JJ" I respond with my head in my hands.

"No you're not Em-..."

"JJ I'm fine!" I snap, scaring myself at the same time. "I'm sorry I just...I need to go...I'll be back soon just um... don't wait up for me okay? I'm sorry I'll be back later" I stutter as I grab my bag and leave the hotel room. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I mean I can't help that I'm feeling like this but I just don't know why I am.

I head straight to the nearest bar. Drinking helps me calm down and forget my random mood swings. So I'm just going to drink, I might just be hormonal. I keep telling myself.

JJ's POV

I don't know what just happened. She snapped and then her mood completely changed. What's happening to her?

Penelope came with us on this case so I'm going to go and speak to her. I have an idea of what could be wrong but I'm not sure yet.

I walk to her room and knock on her door. Derek answers.

"Hey is Pen here?" I ask.