17

Today I'm with the Duke,having our family time together. But Keith didn't come with us because the Duke wanted only us both to be the only one together.

Isn't Catherine's father supposed to ignore and neglect her?

Eh, whatever.

.

We both went inside a very cute café,brick walls but some white and pink decorations outside. But the uncute part about this café is that there's a long line waiting inside to outside of the café.

I was about to step down the carriage when the Duke carried me all the way inside the line,ignoring the long line filled with nobles and children waiting outside.

The Duke went to the counter and Sir Kiel stands besides him. Uhm-,how did he got besides him fast?

"Excuse me sir,..." The man who was attending the counter look at the Duke with a confused look and stared at me and Sir Kiel for awhile then his gaze came upon the Duke's clothes,then his face became to be covered in blue and his sweat orb started to pour.

"A,ah.. The Duke!" The lady who was behind us shouted and everyone in the room stayed quiet and stared at the Duke while I'm just clenching at the Duke's clothes out of embarrassment.

Sir Kiel gave out a small chuckle and spoke out of the tense atmosphere "What's the Milord and Milady's table?"

A female waiter walked in and smiled confidently. "This way please." She gave out a seductive glance at the Duke before giggling.

Sigh.. I really pity them.

The Duke followed the female waiter,dense about what the seductive fox did. To be honest,the female waiter has looks,but her looks doesn't compete with Eva.

The Duke made me sat besides him while Sir Kiel stand at the door. Oh yeah,did I forgot to tell you that the Duke rented a whole floor just for us both. Uh,not gonna lie that's just a waste of money.

We both sat besides together as Sir Kiel stared at us both being very happy for us.

The Duke is hot though,so this awkward silence is just alright. How sad it is for me to be his daughter. Sigh.

After a few minutes,the female waiter who was flirting with the Duke went at our table and gave us our drinks. The female waiter seemed to be very working hard as she poured the Duke's tea at his cup,meanwhile when she poured my juice in my cup she just did it without a smile.

"Thank you very much." I bowed as she finished pouring my drink. The female waiter seemed to be fazed about what I did and the Duke glared at the waiter for a second. The female waiter seemed to be scared as her legs trembled before she walked out of the floor.

After a minute or so, the Duke put down his tea and glanced at me.

"You didn't need to be polite to her." The Duke said.

"Hm..? Why?" I ask.

"Because she's just someone who works for you. And, considering the nobles these days, they tend to be spreading false rumors about you if you're polite to someone lower than the nobles." He replied as he looks away stared at the ground and spaced out.

His Lavender orbs seemed to be somewhere,.. just somewhere very far away,where even the rumored beast couldn't reach.

Huh,.. what do I mean rumored beast..

"Father..?" I tug his soft fabric sleeve.

He snapped out of his thoughts and stared at me then softly patted my head. I,confused by his actions,stared at him in awe as he smiled as he continued patting my head.