Chapter Four

Jadyn P.O.V

Monday morning has quickly come and I don't want to have to face Jace Daniels. I still can't believe that he was the one at the party. I pulled into the student parking lot and headed toward my locker once I walked through the door Kasey quickly came running to me. "Are you ready to face your secret lover?"

"Shut up Kase this is not a laughing matter. What was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't since I was kissing Jace Daniels." Kasey just kept on laughing at my misery so I softly punched her on the arm. What was I going to say if Jace did find me? I heard the first bell warning us to start heading to first period so I ran to my locker, to get my stuff for English class. Kasey was not by my side anymore so I walked to class by myself. I sat down in my regular seat and waited for the bell to ring. Mrs. Firestone was in the front of the room and took attendance. I was glad that I didn't have any classes with Jace. If I did I would be so furious.  Mrs. Firestone was talking about "On the Rainy River" when the classroom door opens and in walk no other than Jace Daniels.

Mrs. Firestone takes Jace's pass and says "Mr. Daniels will be joining our class for the rest of the year." Great just what I needed.

Jace's P.O.V

I hate Mr. Keller he just kicked me out of his class and I had to be assigned to a new teacher, because he couldn't handle my "extreme behavior" anymore. I arrived at the classroom door and stared at the door number before taking a deep breath and entering the class room. I hand the teacher my pass. She nods, and then turns me around and says "Mr. Daniels will be joining our class for the rest of the year."

The first thing I notice when I finally start to pay attention to what is in front of me is this beautiful girl with brown hair and green eyes. Wait. That's her the girl from the party. I guess fate is in favor for me and Jadyn to be together. To my luck there was a seat available behind her so I on instinct took it. "Hello. Beautiful. I've been looking for you ever since that night. You left quite an impression on me." She turned around her eyes burning with rage. If looks could kill I would be six feet under already. She quickly turned around. Mrs. Firestone was talking about a story my class hasn't gotten to read yet so, I raised my hand and explained to the teacher that my class hasn't gotten to it yet. Mrs. Firestone looked around classroom and her eyes landed on Jadyn. "Jadyn would you mind tutoring Jace about the story since you are the one with the highest grade average. You will earn extra credit if you do this."

She took a loud sigh and said, "Yes, I'll do it." This is the perfect opportunity to get her to be my girlfriend.

Throughout the rest of the day I just thought about how I will soon be spending time with Jadyn at the library to tutor me about what we are learning in Enlgish. Once the last bell rung I quickly headed to the library and waited at the table for Jadyn to come. I kept staring at the door for her to walk in. It's not that I'm falling in love with her trust me I don't fall in love. I saw her coming to the table I am currently sitting at and saw this big frown on her face. When she sat down I tried to cheer her up and said, "Come on Jay why don't you turn that frown upside down. I'm not as bad as you think."

"Really? You're not. Why do I have trouble believing that?"  she said placing her face in the palm of her hands giving me a scrutinized look.

"Come on. Trust me at least a little bit."

"You have to earn my trust. I don't give it away for free." She is such a feisty girl. Not at all the girl that I met at the party. For the rest of the afternoon Jadyn summarized what they have read so far. I pay attention to what she is saying, because I have to pass English. I look at the clock above the library door and see that it's already 5:30. I start to pack up my stuff or else I'm going to be in big trouble with my parents. "Where are you going?" she asks.

"Home. If I don't get going my parents are going to be pissed."

"Oh okay. Give me your arm."

"No. I'm not going to give you my arm. How do I know that you're not going to stab me? I know you want to kill me already"

"Stop crying. Call me if you still need help." She packed up her stuff quickly and walked out of the library. I looked down at my arm and saw that she had written down her number.

I looked at her retreating figure and pulled my backpack onto my shoulder and started walking out.