Chapter Sixteen

Jadyn's POV

1 more week

1 more week and I'll be finished with High school and on my way to College. On my way to something better. To furthermore this dream and passion of mine to help people. To do something important with my life. To save a life. I want to be a doctor. It's always been my dream.

Now, here I stand with Jace, Chris, and Kasey by my side with envelopes in our hands. We put them in a pile in front of us.

"Okay. on the count of three open the first one." I said.

"One..." we all said in unison

"Two..."

"Three" I didn't waste a second before ripping open the envelope.

It's our pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted to the Columbia University.

I pulled the acceptance letter to my chest and cried. I literally cried. If my parents could see me now they would be so proud. I looked over at the other and saw smiles. I guess they got accepted to their first choice for universities too.

Kasey wanted to go to Julliard, Jace to Columbia, and Chris to Stanford.

I turned to them and they also turned. We all stared at each other for a few seconds before we all started hugging each other. We grouped hugged before letting go and hugging each other individually. I went up to Kasey first and let out a sequel as did she.

"Oh my god Jay!!! I got in. I got in." We jumped around in a circle before separating each other at arm's length. Kasey has a big smile drawn on her face. I kiss her on her cheek and turn to Jace.

He quickly comes into my embrace and hugs me. I pat him on the back and he ruffles up my hair. I punch him in the arm, and wink at him.

"You won't be getting rid of me yet Jace." I stuck my tongue out at him and blew raspberries. He was quick and grabbed a hold of my tongue. I tried to say what the hell but it came out sounding like "What da hail??!!?"

"Stop acting so immature." Jace said.

I laughed. Was he being serious right now? I pointed at myself and said "Me immature. That's funny coming out of your mouth. Compared to you I'm thirty and you're six."

"Ha ha! Very funny."

"I know, thank you so much." I said while placing my hand on my chest.

"Whatever." He stuck out his tongue, but instead of me grabbing it I place my hand over his mouth. He stuck his tongue out again but slobbered the palm of my hand. I pull my hand away in disgust, and rub the saliva all over his shirt. He starts to sort of chase me around the room with his hand covered in spit. I run to Chris and hide behind him.

"Nope. Sorry Jay, but I don't want spit all over my clothes." I look at him with my mouth wide open, and Jace took it as a chance to cover my bare arm with his saliva.

"Ugh! Chris. Why?" I start to rapidly move my hands, and make crying noises. After a few second I can't contain myself any longer. I burst out into a fit of laughter. Everyone else joins in and gives me a round of applause.

"Good job. Jay that was a perfect imitation. Right Kase?" asked Jace. Kasey in return slapped him upside the head. "Oww."

"So guys what are we going to do for summer break?"

"Well, I'm going to the Bahamas with my family. They are sad that I'm leaving them to go to university so, they're forcing me to go on a 'family vacation' with them."

Everyone laughed, except me, and pointed teasing fingers at her. She scrunched up her face, and let out a fake laugh.

"What about you Chris, what are you gonna do.?"