Famous Werewolves: Fenrir Greyback

Fenrir Greyback is a supporting antagonist in the Harry Potter franchise, serves as a supporting antagonist of both the Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows (appearing in both Part 1 and 2), and as the main antagonist of the Harry Potter: Hogwart...

Fenrir Greyback is a supporting antagonist in the Harry Potter franchise, serves as a supporting antagonist of both the Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows (appearing in both Part 1 and 2), and as the main antagonist of the Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery side quest 'Hallowe'en Feast'.

He is a sadistic Werewolf who serves as a high-ranking member of the Death Eaters. His main goal was to lead and unite every Werewolf in a violent and feral lifestyle, in hope of creating a world of werewolves by infecting as many people as possible with the curse of lycanthropy. He is also notorious for his unrelenting blood-lust and savagery, and is well known as a particularly violent and cannibalistic serial killer, with implied paedophilic tendencies. His is one of the most feared individuals in the British Wizarding community.

In the movies, he was played by the late Dave Legeno.

Personality:

Regarded as the most savage werewolf of his time. Fenrir Greyback relished in animalistic cruelty and gained an unhealthy liking for his own wolfish traits, to the point where his human form gained a more savage and wolfish appearance. Having forsaken his humanity long ago, Fenrir's savagery was next to none, and he would very often position werewolf attacks with malicious intent. While he was hell-bent on getting revenge against the wizarding-kind for the horrid prejudice against werewolves, Greyback took this to a whole other level by purposefully infecting others with lycanthropy (especially children) so they would grow to hate the wizarding world. Fenrir also gained some cannibalistic tendencies even when he wasn't in his werewolf form, a feat of inhumanity that even managed to disgust Albus Dumbledore.

Greyback was a predator in both animalistic and sexual terms, as he spoke to Hermione Granger with a mix of sexual and cannibalistic undertones. This combined with his fondness for biting and attacking children indicated that Fenrir might have had paedophilic interests, although this is of course never proven. According to Dumbledore, Greyback boasted of what he did to his followers, which shows that he has a sense of pride towards his atrocities. While he was never branded an official Death Eater, he had no qualm in serving as a weapon for Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters in exchange for victims.

Despite being a ferocious killer who was feared by many, Fenrir Greyback also had a sense of fear when it came to those more powerful than him. This is shown when he cowed away from Severus Snape when the latter arrived to kill Dumbledore. In the video game Hogwarts Mystery, Greyback was ready to maul and kill the protagonist but fled in fear after catching Dumbledore's scent.