✮IV✮

✦✦✦✦ Rescue ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Rescue ✦✦✦✦

Sar'ika lays unconscious on the chair she was forced into. Despite the endless torture she has been through if one was to look at her right now they'd think she's asleep, peacefully lying with her hair spread around her and lips slightly parted.

But the small drip of blood leaking from her temple and the bruise across her cheek tells you different.

The door opens, light pooling in, but she doesn't move, doesn't flinch, she just lays there still unconscious.

"Hey, hey," A soft voice says, "Come on, Djarin. Get up."

Poe walks in followed by the Stormtrooper that helped him escape. He lifts his cuffed hands tapping her face lightly, "For once in your life listen to me, Djarin." Poe orders as he shakes her.

Sar'ika groans lifting her head, "Dameron?"

He nods a small smile on his face as he un-cuffs her hands then re-cuffs them, "What are you-?"

"Trust me, we're escaping, with this guy." He nods behind him to the Stormtrooper that stands there awkwardly.

Poe grabs her elbow stopping her from tumbling over as she finally stands, "I got you, I got you."

He helps her to her feet and guides her out of the room, "Why are you helping us?" She asks leaning against Poe for support.

"It's the right thing to do."

"He needs a pilot."

"I need a pilot." The man agrees and she shakes her head as she walks forward.

"Turn here." He orders.

The pair listen and they both do a double take at each other when they notice.

"Okay, stay calm, stay calm..."

The pair glance at each other in the corner of their eyes, "We are clam."

"I'm talking to myself."

He nods towards a set of stairs leading up to TIE, "Go."

They all run, jumping into one of the frighter jets, I've always wanted to fly one of these things. Can you shoot?" Poe asks the Trooper.

"Blasters, I can."

Poe rips of his jacket and throws it to the side, "Okay, same principle, use the toggle on the left to switch between missiles, cannons and mag pulse."

"Use the sigs on the right to aim," Sar'ika calls over her shoulder, "Triggers to fire."

Poe looks at the controls in front of him and tilts his head as he tries to work out.

"This is very complicated." The man says.

"Maybe you're not the best pilot after all, Dameron." Sar'ika says as she sees his hesitation.

He rolls his eyes and lifts off slowly, they get taken back by the cable connecting them, "Dameron!"

"I can fix this." He assures as he clicks a few buttons.

Troopers down below begin to fire at them making Sar'ika furiously press the buttons in front of her, "Dameron!"

"I'm working on it, Mando, give me a chance!" He yells back.

"Are you guys always like this?"

"Yes!" They yell simultaneously.

Having enough Sar'ika gets out of her seat and pushes the right button, the cable falling to the floor beneath them allowing them time to escape into open space, "Thank you, Djarin." Sar'ika says to herself as she sits in her seat.

The man begins shooting back at the Troopers giving them time to fly out into open space, "Woah, this thing really moves!"

Cannons begins firing at the and Sar'ika flicks a switch in front of her to target them, "All right, we gotta take out these canons or we're not going to get very f-"

Before he can finish one of them is blowing up thanks to Sar'ika, "I'm gonna get us in position." Poe calls over his shoulder.

"This isn't going to plan!" The man yells.

"Relax," Sar'ika says with a smile as a cannon blows up in front of them, "This is where the fun begins."

He flies under the cannons allowing the pair to fire at them, the man takes out the last one and laughs, "Did you see that?"

"I saw it!"

"Hey, what's your name?"

"FN-2187."

Sar'ika looks over her shoulder at the man, "That's your name?"

"It's the only name they gave me."

"Well, I ain't using it. FN, huh? Finn, I'mma call you Finn. Is that all right?"

Finn tests the name out and smiles "Yeah. Finn, I like that."

Sar'ika cheers to herself as she takes out another First Order TIE, "I'm Poe. Poe Dameron."

"I'm Djarin, Sar'ika Djarin." She calls over to him.

"Good to meet you, Poe, Sar'ika."

"Good to meet you too, Finn."

"Ones coming towards us," Poe yells to Finn as missiles approach, "My left, your right, you see it?"

"Hold on. I see him."

"Nice shot!"

Sar'ika takes out the cannon that is still firing at them and looks over her shoulder to make sure Poe is going back to Jakku, "Where are we going?"

"We're going back to Jakku, that's where."

He looks at them both with wide eyes, "We can't go back to Jakku," He yells furiously, "We need to get out of this system."

Sar'ika scoffs, "No can do, Finn," She says with a tone that makes him stop rambling, "We got a droid on here with very important information."

"He's a BB unit, orange and white. One of a kind."

"He also has some very important information."

"I don't care what colour he is! No droid can be that important!"

"Afraid he is, pal. Map to Luke Skywalker important." Sar'ika sends him a stern glance, one that usually means trouble for Poe.

"Luke Skywalker?"

"Yeah, that droid has a map that leads straight to Luke Skywalker."

"Oh, you gotta be-!"

A blast hits their wing taking them out, they start spinning and Sar'ika grabs a hold of her chair to stay put, "Dameron!"

"I'm working on it."