Part 9 ♥

'Why would I think bad of you? It's not that you were in prison or something.', I joked.

I made fun of it because I thought it would losen the whole tension between us a little. But it was exactly the wrong word choice.

He suddenly stood up.

'Oh, I forgot to do something. I'm sorry. See ya.', he said.

And then he had a fast walk and went away.

I sat on the bench and started thinking.

I obviously like him a lot. And if we would start dating, I'd probably start liking him a lot more. But if he really had been in prison before, then I actually fall in love with a criminal. 

What the...?

After I realised, that I sat there for quite some time, I stood up, took my bag and went back to the castle.

After entering my room, I saw Sara and Zayn cuddeling while doing their homework.

I threw my stuff in the corner of the room and jumped on my bed.

'Hey Ashley. How was your date?', Sara asked.

I didn't answer. I didn't hear a word. I was caught up in my thoughts.

'What's wrong?', Zayn asked.

Zayn came over to my bed and sat down. 

'What? I'm sorry, can you repeat that?', I said.

'He really makes you think about him, right?', Zayn joked.

'What happened? You don't look too happy.', Sara asked worried.

'We talked about his past. Zayn? Can I ask you something? Why is he on this school?', I asked.

'Listen, Ashley....', he started.

'It'd be better for you to hear it from him, I think.', Sara interrupted.

'Why? Is it so bad?', I asked.

'Depends on your view on it.', Zayn said.

'What exactly did he tell you?', Sara asked.

'Well I wanted to know it and he didn't want to tell me, because he was scared to embarrass himself to me. And then I joked, that it can't be too bad and it wouldn't be as long as he wasn't in prison.', I said.

Zayn and Sara looked at eachother in a strange way.

'Why do you look like that?', I asked, 'Come on, guys.'

'Ashley! Go and ask him yourself, come on.', Zayn said.

I took a short thought on it and then stood up from my bed. 

I went right upstairs to the boys floor and to their room. I knocked and Niall answered. When I entered, Niall and Liam were sitting on the bed playing with their phones. Harry stood next to his desk and was training by pushing up some weights. He didn't wear a shirt. Too sexy!

With all my curiosity I also started to feel something else in my belly. 

But I was too focused.

'Ashley? Nice to see you. Wanna join us a little?', Liam asked friendly.

'It's quite a fun game.', Niall said.

'Thanks a lot, but if you don't mind, I'd like to talk to Harry alone?', I asked.

'Of course. We'll be back later, dude.', Niall said.

They left the room. I stood before Harry and he didn't stop his training.

'Harry? Could you maybe put this down and listen?', I asked politely.

'Sorry, hun. Gotta train.', he said cold.

'Are you fucking serious?', I got mad.