Chapter 11

-Junkyu's pov-

It's the weekend and I'm supposed to be sleeping all day but now I can't believe I'm spending it in a "study group" that Doyoung surprisingly announced two days ago. I mean, not that I'd complain because it's literally exams week next week. I also needed this.

It's 4pm and there were seven of us consistently studying since 1pm. Me, Doyoung, Chaerim and Aera in my dining table whereas Yedam, Jeongwoo, and Haruto in the living room. Hyunsuk, Yoshi and Mashiho was in Jihoon's room probably watching soccer first before studying and...Jaehyuk didn't join us because he said he's gonna study with some friend.

Yeah, I know.

Haruto and Jeongwoo got dragged in this because of Doyoung since they were also Eng'g students in our Comm 10 class so Doyoung invited them for a more 'lively and effective study group'. Asahi refused btw but these two had no escape.

"Junkyu-hyung, I think Chaerim needs help in her Calculus, you should probably help her, you know." Doyoung asked me in his puppy eyes. I get what he's saying and I forced myself to not smack him straight in the face. He wants me and Chaerim to leave him alone with Aera.

Chaerim was eagerly looking at me and I couldn't say no.

Time to act like a wingman to this flirt of a kid.

If I don't love Doyoung enough I will not be doing this.

"O-okay, Chaerim-ssi let's go to my room and study there."

I grabbed my things and led the way to my room.

Well, this is gonna be awkward.

It's the first time that I brought a girl to my room.

"Junkyu-sunbae, you have a nice room." Chaerim said when we entered by the door.

I looked at my room and it's neat somehow except for the dusty, old piano by the window. Darn, it's been awhile since I used that. I've been busy with acads and practice I wasn't able to make music for quite some time.

"O-oh, yeah. You can sit here in the chair while I sit over there." i motioned for her to sit because there's only one chair in my room. I put my study table in between us, and thankfully my bed is elevated enough for me to reach the table. Once settled, I started to work on my problem sets but Chaerim was just looking at me awkwardly.

I feel like I need to speak something to even out the atmosphere so I did. "Doyoung likes your friend, Aera. I'm sorry I dragged you here intentionally."

"Y-yeah, I know. It's kinda obvious." she replied putting a hair behind her ear.

I laughed a little at her remark. "But do you need some help or something?"

"No, I'm actually fine at Calculus, sunbae-nim. You're too nice to help him out like that. You're a great hyung to him."

I smiled at her and went back to writing down notes.

"Sunbae, if you don't mind, can I ask you a question?"

I looked up from my book. "Yeah, sure. In what topic is that?"

"It's a personal question, actually. Um, I like someone and I'm not sure how to ask him out." she said, fidgeting with her pen.

I stopped writing for a moment. I've no experience asking someone out and mostly it's them coming to me, confessing that they like me and I really loathe myself each time I can't reciprocate what they feel.

"Just tell him directly and he'll answer honestly."

She smiled, with a little sadness in her eyes. "Junkyu-sunbae, have you ever been in love?"