Chapter 16

-Junkyu's pov-

"You should end things early so as to lessen the pain." I can hear Jihoon's words resonate within me.

I took a cab going to the place for the movies. I can't believe I'm going to be the evil one for deciding to break up with his boyfriend on their monthsary.

Even from afar and seeing his small face, I can already tell how worried he was that I wouldn't be able to make it. Haruto was wearing a cute flower shirt underneath his grey trench coat and looking insanely hot in those piercings and bracelets of his.

"Hey."

"Hey Kyubear. Did something came up? I was convinced you were never coming around."

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Yeah. I'm sorry you had to wait. Something unimportant just came up." I said but soon reassured him as I saw worry started to reflect on his face. "B-but it's not important! It's okay now."

"Oh, if it's not important then I shouldn't worry I guess." He smiled. "Happy monthsary, Kyu." He said and placed a quick peck on my lips. It has become so natural between us because our heights are close. I can feel his warmth surrounding me in this cold night.

"So are you ready to see the movie?" he announced and held my hand.

I grasped his hand tightly in response before nodding my head and we started walking.

----

The holidays are coming up and a lot of people are going around the malls to enjoy the night. The movie theater would be very much alive by then. I suddenly felt conscious that we were walking around the crowd with Haruto holding my hand as if it was the most natural thing to do in the world. I tried to focus on it but nothing was registering to me right now because of what happened earlier with his sister. Does his parents know that he's not straight? Why did Rika say that they might get shipped to another country if he continues this relationship with me? I'm so confused. I wanna talk to him right now and just end it already but I don't know how.

There was a long line in the ticket booth when it was our turn, finally. We already bought drinks and food to eat during the movie. I was at the side and Ruto was the one who's buying the tickets.

"Oh Haruto, you're here?" I hear the woman in front asked. She was in her 30's probably and had a bright smile on her face.

Haruto laughed in response, "Yeah, hi Yejin noona."

"I'm a regular here and Yejin-noona is the ticket lady." Haruto whispered right next to me.

"It's unusual you're not with your best friend Asahi this time, now who's the other cute friend here?" she asked again while handing us the tickets.

"He's a senior colleague at Trejo, noona. His name is Junkyu. And also, he's my boyfriend." Haruto replied then blushed.

It was clear that she was taken aback with his remark, "B-boyfriend? A-are you two serious?!"

"Y-yeah-"

I laughed half-heartedly as a joke and ruffled Ruto's hair, "Y-yah Ruto, good one! Noona clearly doesn't see it as a joke. Haruto meant we're just friends, noona." I handed the bill and got the tickets in her hands while continuously laughing nervously.

"Ah! Oh I see! Haruto just moved here to Korea and I'm glad he's getting along quite well with his new friends. Please take care of him, Junkyu-ya." She replied in return. I didn't have time to look up Haruto but I know he was pissed right then and there cause he took his ticket and walked out first without waiting up for me. I just denied in front of his face that we are together.