Chapter 7

-Junkyu's pov-

Haruto's hand is still clasped on my hand as he leads us towards another sidewalk. I was still wondering what happened earlier. Why did he blew off those girls when they were tolerably pretty and why he said so casually that I'm his bf just like that.

Also, the other thing that I was wondering the most right now is, when is he gonna let go of my hand?

"Uh, Haruto.." he didn't seem to hear me. His eyes were looking straight on the road. I feel the warmth of his hand on my wrist. Unlike the coldness that he portrayed earlier on those girls. I suddenly felt a little uneasy. Like a tingling feeling creeping inside my stomach.

Sht Junkyu, what the hell?

I shook myself from it and he probably noticed my gesture.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," he let my hand go and put a hand on his neck.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"I dunno. I was annoyed." He was acting coy about it, I'm sure. He can't even look at me in the eyes.

"Huh. Were you always like this Haruto?"

"Like what?"

"You know. Indifferent towards girls? Or is it just because you never had a girlfriend before?"

He laughed. I'm glad he's back to normal, "No, I just wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible because you still have to help me look for a place, right? We don't have much time left." He's very much different from Doyoung. They're almost the same age but I can see Haruto is a polite and a very respectful guy. "But you are right, I never had a girlfriend before. I'm not planning to have one soon, anyway."

--------

It's been 4 hours.

We walked around Seoul, rode again another bus to go to different areas but to no avail we couldn't find a place he likes. Jeez, why is it so hard to find a place round here? We also checked condos but Haruto said he couldn't afford one, so I toured him around the most affordable apartment areas. We almost found one, however, he doesn't wanna share with a roommate. He's very particular about what he likes.

"Let's find another one. There's not much space in the bedroom for a study table." he said while taking a single glance inside the room.

"But this one's the last affordable place out here."

"And I don't like it. Let's go."

Dang, my feet hurts already.

And I'm so freaking tired? It seems like Haruto doesn't feel it at all. Where does this guy even gets his energy?

We went down the stairs of the apartment and said our goodbye to the owner.

"Shall we just go home then? I'm really sorry if you're gonna be homeless by next week" I said half-joking. I hope he doesn't take it by heart.

"Nah it's okay, I'll just squeeze myself in our aunt's house til I find a place meant for me. Anyways, we can't go home yet, i still need to take advantage of your offer"

"What offer?"

"The one you offered me last night. Said you'd treat me to ice cream. Btw I like chocolate flavor kind sunbae-nim."

I pursed my lips and sneered at him, "I'm starting to think you just took advantage of me being drunk so you could get a pass from me coz I don't even remember agreeing with you to anything we've done today"

I opened my wallet. Sht, no bills and I have to use my credit card to feed this soon-to-be homeless guy. I feel annoyed, but also sorry because I couldn't just leave him alone. Guess I just have to double my work working as an SA in the library to earn allowance.

"Okay. Let's eat some ice cream."

"I knew you couldn't say no to that." he lightly tapped my back and lightly put a hand on my shoulder.

"How come? And what if I did say no?"

"You wouldn't say no because I think you're nice and that's something I like about you Junkyu...sunbae-nim."

His comment made my heart jump a little. Jump? More like it stung something inside me. I never expected to be complimented by him. I really thought he's cold and playful as always but his comment sounded so genuine just now.

"You look happy when I said that."

"I don't."

"Yes you do. You're smiling."

"I do not."

"Yes you do!"

"What, I'm not."

"Then how come you're smiling so much." now he's laughing.

I take back what I said. He and Doyoung are somehow alike in some ways - annoying and likes to tease a lot.

---------

We ate ice cream at a convenience store near my apartment. I think we talked a lot about ourselves more than earlier at lunch. It suddenly felt like Haruto and I had known each other for years. That might be an overstatement but I already know almost everything about him except his parents. He said he has a younger sister that goes to High School in Seoul too. His family decided for the two of them to live here in Korea to become independent. I was kinda thinking that the reasoning was vague. Why did they move here from as far as Fukuoka to live in a foreign country? Why not in Japan? But I didn't pry further more.

"ここで何してるの、お兄ちゃん?" [What are you doing here, onii-chan?]

A tall girl with long jet-black hair suddenly came towards us and spoke Japanese. Her bangs were long and almost covering her eyes. She has the same eyes shaped like Haruto's. Is she his sister?

I turned to Haruto. His face looked white upon seeing her.

"Are you Rika-chan?" I said, I suddenly turned on my friendly charm on her. She looks nice. However, she gave me a side-eye instead. Jeez, she and Haruto are really siblings when it comes to being cold.

"What are you doing here?" Haruto asked.

"I asked you that question first. Who is he?" she pointed at me, while raising an eyebrow.

"Tsk. Junkyu-sunbaenim, meet my sister Rika. Rika, Junkyu." Haruto stood up and introduced us both.

I smiled at her and offered a hand to shake but again she just stared at his brother.

"Hi, I'm Junkyu. I'm his senior, I was just helping your brother look for an apartment around here."

"What?" she stared back at me. Okay, she's kinda scary. She turned towards his brother and spoke, "また遊んでいますか?" [are you playing around again?]

Again, with the Japanese.

"I'm not and I think that's enough for now. Let's go home, Rika." Haruto responded and put his ice cream on the table and looked at me worryingly. "Sorry Kyu I can't walk you home, but thank you for everything today." he said and bowed towards me.

Rika walked outside first and Haruto followed. They were almost at the door when Haruto turned around again, and it seemed like he wanted to speak but no words were coming out of him.

"What is it? Did you forgot something?"

"Nothing." he then beamed at me and looked at me with a serious expression. "I had a really good time, Junkyu. I'll see you next week at school?"

I nodded and smiled back. Then, Haruto walked out of the door. 

And that was probably the last time I saw of him.

Because I didn't see Haruto for the next two weeks after today's happening.