Chapter 3

FRIDAY NIGHT.

-Junkyu's pov-

"Guys I think we should go to Mel's now. That is if we still want to get free drinks." I heard Jihoon's loud az voice say. "Junkyu, you coming?"

"Uh no." i said without looking up from my laptop. "I'm working on something."

"God, when will you quit that? You're on your senior year now and I think you should loosen up and I don't know have some fun because we're graduating soon? Plus it's Yoshi's birthday." he said while closing my laptop.

"Ya- Park Jihoon! I didn't save the file yet? Jeez."

"You can record it later again. Get dressed. We're gonna par-tay~" he said while doing a little dance, then he stormed out of my room, closing the door behind him with a bang.

Great.

I really don't want to go. I'm a homebody type of a person and my Friday nights are always spent either sleeping, playing games...or ... making music.

I know.

What's an engineering student doing making music.

It's actually a hobby of mine since my mom got me a piano since first grade. She signed me up to piano classes and from there, I knew that I loved music. So I really don't know what happened that I ended up taking an engineering course at the end. Maybe because, I really don't have a plan in life and I just went with the flow with Jihoon? Jihoon has been my best friend since High School and where he goes, I go. I can't even believe I'm still friends with him and I kept up with him ever since. Partly because I think, he and I have a similar kind of personality.

My phone suddenly flashed a notification.

From 01xxxxxxxx Mashiho:

:Hyung, are you coming? Yoshi-hyung's party is about to start.

I'm still contemplating whether I should go or not. But since Jihoon said so, and it's Yoshi's birthday too.. ughh I'm really lazy when it comes to these.

:Yup, altho we'll be a little late. I texted back.

:Okay :D

I went to my closet, grabbed a black hoodie and pulled it over my white shirt and denim jeans. I sprayed cologne all over my body and grabbed my phone before going out of my room.

-------

When we arrived at Mel's, the party was already a blur. There was some loud music playing, some people on the dance floor and some were spilled and passed out on the floor.

"Darn, already? It's still early."

I looked at my watch and it says 10:25 pm.

Jihoon bent down and helped a redhead stand with a beer on his hand. It was Kim Doyoung, sophomore and the biggest flirt in school.

"What the, this kid's wasted already. He just turned 18 and he suddenly thinks he can do whatever he wants."

"Eyy! You guys made it!" Doyoung screamed and gestured to kiss Jihoon. He had a party hat on and shades with an empty champagne bottle on his hand. "Welcome to my birthday!"

"Get the heck out of my face!" Jihoon cried out and stuck his hand on his face before he could kiss him. I laughed out loud at the sight and took the bottle away from Doyoung's hand and gave it to the passing server.

"Where's Yoshi?" I asked Doyoung. I don't like the smell of alcohol and I just actually came here to greet Yoshi and go home.

"He's at the booth. C'mon Ji- just once, let me kiss you! I know you missed me!" he wouldn't stop pestering Jihoon.

"Gdi wake tf up. You need to sober up, we still have practice tomorrow. Mashiho will kill us." Jihoon said angrily.

And that was my cue to go. I walked up to the nearest booth and found Yoshi, Hyunsuk (senior year), Mashiho, Jaehyuk and Yedam (junior year). Kinda glad that even in this dim light I can still see the squad. They're my closest friends in Trejo.

"Hey, happy birthday Yoshi." I greeted with a smile and plopped down beside Mashiho.

"Oh thanks. Glad you made it. Where's Jihoon?" Yoshi replied.

"With Doyoung." i said and turned to look at Yedam, who pretended not to hear me. Did something happen between them?

"Drink up." Mashiho offered me a drink and I immediately shook my head. We have practice tomorrow so I need to be sober, at least. He was persistent though so I sighed and downed the drink in his hand in one gulp.

I hate alcohol.

"AAAGGGHHHHHH- I need someone to help me up with this kid." Jihoon appeared with a passed out Doyoung in his back. "Yedam?"

"No." he said and stood up. Ok, something really happened between Doyoung and Yedam.

"Where are you going?!"

"I'm gonna dance." and he stepped out of the booth with a drink in his hand. Jaehyuk, Yoshi and Hyunsuk who were all intoxicated followed him as well.

"Let's dance!"

"Guys, what about me?!" Jihoon yelled after them. "Kyu, I'll leave him to you."

What the. Before I could react, he laid Doyoung on the booth and went after them.

"Fine." I grunted and laid Doyoung comfortably.

Now I'm left alone with Mashi who kept on offering me drinks and I couldn't resist so I gulped down the drinks one by one until I almost passed out.