Chapter 15

-Junkyu's pov-

It's been over three months since Ruto and I started dating. It is smooth sailing as always and there was no pressure or anything at all. He was busy with acads yet he still has time to watch me after basketball practice. We hang out almost every day, play games together or eat lunch together, be it in school or in our apartment, we always find ways to be together.

I don't know what it is but one day, in the middle of it all, I suddenly felt afraid and anxious, that one way or another something would go wrong. Because when you've experience happiness for quite a while, something's bound to break the balance.

Well, I was right...

And it started with someone ringing my doorbell.

"Jihoon! Could you get that? I'm not yet dressed." I said as I put on a shirt. I'm going on a movie date today with Haruto before the Christmas break. Also, today marks our 3rd month of dating. I was almost done putting myself together when I hear some bickering out at the hall. That's when I noticed the long black hair and bangs almost covering her eyes. And Junghwan standing right beside him.

"Junghwan-ah, what are you doing here?" He was one of our underclassmen back in highschool. We played basketball together back then.

Jihoon appeared beside him and put a hand on his shoulder, "Uhh..Hwannie's here with this girl. Who was looking for you, by the way."

"So, are you Junkyu?" Rika interrupted.
"H-hey Rika-chan, it's been a while." I smiled at her.

"Uhuh, that's right." She smirked. "I heard you're dating my brother now." She eyed me incredulously as she speaks. Her cat-like eyes and smirk are reminiscent of Ruto's. "Did you know he's just playing you? We're going back to Japan as soon as he finish the school year and he don't need a boytoy to tag along with him when he has a girlfriend waiting there. My brother isn't what you think who he is. Stop messing with him."

Junghwan interrupted almost immediately, "Hyung, I'm sorry, I know her because she's my classmate so I allowed her up here. I never knew about your relationships now but she told me she needed to talk to you and because I know where you and Jihoon-hyung lives so we came here."

"Shut up, Junghwan. This idiot thinks he has a future with my brother. I knew something was wrong the moment I saw you with him in that place. My brother wasn't himself since then!"

How the hell am I allowing a 15-year old brat to talk back to me? This ain't right.

"Rika, I know it's hard for you to understand but I like your brother and we like each-"

"I really don't care at all. He needs to stop being the playboy that he is or else everyone else will find out and we might get ship back to any other country again! Besides...it's not the first time he played someone like you, you fool. He's just confused as hell. Might as well break up now and move on with your life like an adult and screw others like yourself, pathetic loser."

"Hey hey, I'm not allowing you to talk to my friend like that, kid!" Jihoon said.

God, a 15 year old threatening me??

"Rika, I'm sorry you had to find out this way, we didn't mean to hurt you like this. I like Haruto and I promise I won't hurt him-"

"Like him? Do you even hear yourself saying that? You barely knew each other, how sure are you about him? Junghwan-a, let's go."

WHAT THE. She just snubbed me right away. I haven't finished explaining myself fully yet. What makes she thinks we have doubts on our relationship, we were just starting.

Junghwan had the biggest wtf face right now. Clearly, he doesn't know what to do, his eyes were frantic between us.

"Junghwan-ah! C'mon! I already said what I said to this guy." She turned her back to me but before she could leave, she faced me again, "You know what is right. It's up to you if you will still continue this foolishness or not!"

"Hyung.."

"It's alright, Junghwan." That's all that came out of my mouth. "You can go now."

"I'm sorry, hyung." He replied before they left.

That's all that I said. I didn't even realize my tears were falling after she said that to me. Jihoon started comforting me while a sudden realization of reality washed upon me.

What the fuck was I thinking dating Watanabe Haruto?

----

Haruto:

Wru? I'm at XX street waiting.

Kyu, are we still on with this date?

Kyubeaar, I'm waiting. Wru? :(

I miss you already...pls come here now.

"Junkyu, he's been calling for 30 minutes now. I think you both need to talk as adults and face it now. Do not prolong it anymore."

I groaned as I got up the sofa and ruffled my hair. My eyes still heavy from crying. Sometimes I wonder how the heck am I friends with Jihoon. Then I realize he was always the voice of my reason that's why I like him as a friend.

"You know I wasn't sure if I should go or not but since you said that-"

"Just thank me later. I know you're perfectly capable of doing it. It'll save you a lot of time from getting into trouble with that kid."

I clenched my teeth and grabbed my coat before heading out the door.

"Jihoon, I like him."

"I know." He moved towards me and gave me a friendly hug. I shook my head repeatedly as I started to feel my eyes welling up once more.

"So why can't it be?"

"Because some things are not meant to last forever, Kyu. I hope you decided on making things right. You know what to do. You're a good guy. And Ruto will understand that."

Jihoon is right. I don't want to do this. I clearly don't want to do this.

And as much as I hate to do to this, I know I have to break up with him once and for all.