Chapter 13

Haruto didn't sit next to me in our Comm 10 class the next week.

I do believe that my words, although not intentionally, got to him and made him down. I've never hated myself more. I haven't talked to him yet. Haven't, meaning I haven't seen him for the past few days and figured I'll confront him after exams week. What I did was pretty mean and I am regretting it now because I didn't mean to hurt him like that. Over the past few days, I feel like he's completely ignored me and pretended I don't exist.

Jihoon came up to me tonight as I was studying for the last exam tomorrow. Actually, not really studying. I was sitting on my desk, playing a little tune in the piano, I haven't made music in quite awhile but I finally did tonight, even writing some lyrics to it in my notebook.

"Kyu," Jihoon spoke so softly I almost didn't hear it. He sat on my bed. "I didn't know you like Haruto."

Taken aback by what he said, I laughed a little, without looking up at him, "What are you saying?"

"Stop giving the kid a hard time and just tell him the truth."

I gulped down the guilt that was growing in my stomach for months. "I'm not giving him a hard time, Ji."

"Yes you are. If you continue lying to yourself, you'll just hurt him more. I'm sorry I didn't mean to provoke you last time. I really didn't know you had a thing with him."

"There's a first for everything. And I forgave you already so let's not speak about it again."

"Yeah..." he hesitated. "Well that was not the first time though."

"What do you mean?" I stopped writing and faced him this time.

Jihoon bit his inner lip, "We've been talking sh1t about him behind your back so he must have known that we don't like him from the start."

What the actual fk?

"I thought I told yall that he's a nice kid? How come I didn't know that? He's Yoshi-hyung's hoobae back then!"

"Well, we didn't believe you, okay." Jihoon put his hands up in defeat. "Some of us were just pretending to be nice to him, so I'm speaking in behalf of them and I'm sorry."

I run my hands on my face and sighed deeply. I think I know who he's referring to.

"Doyoung and Yedam had no idea btw. It's mostly just me and a bunch of seniors who don't like his guts."

"And Mashiho?"

Jihoon didn't reply.

"Haruto won't even speak to me right now." I said as a matter-of-factly. "He's been avoiding me, obviously."

"I'm really sorry. I've ruined what something could be good. I thought I was protecting you."

I can't believe what I'm hearing right now. I am absolutely disgusted by their behavior and there is no excuse to it.

"It was not your fault at all though. I should've been more honest during that time you asked me."

Silence filled the room for awhile.

Jihoon then cleared his throat, "So...Haruto." He paused. "You really like him, don't you?"

I looked up to him and he was grinning this time.

I closed my eyes and let the embarrassment takeover, feeling my face flushed while smiling at him, "Yeah, I do. I really do, Ji. And I hope I'm not too late."

-----

We had this usual tradition of celebrating after exams week. Going to Mel's again for the umpteenth time is taking a toll on me but I think I clearly needed this to get my mind off Haruto. Also, before getting back into the grind cause its finals week of the basketball championship in two weeks and we're up against Kangnam University Ravens. I have so much on my plate right now and I should just not allow this problem to take over for one night.