Chapter 4

Please read the Author's note at the end of the chapter.

Aurora's POV:

Everything is broken. All my dreams, all my expectations everything. But why? My own family did this to me.. And what could I have done there? Disrespecting my parents and not agreeing to someone who is pleading infront of you, I had to say yes. But it is ME who has to spend her life with him. I don't wanna live. I just...  

"Honey, please open the door." I heard my mum calling behind the door.

"Aura, please speak to us" My dad called.

I just started crying out loud. I heard them but none of their words. It was like my own voice made me deaf. Soon they stopped. Maybe they left. I sat back on floor and tears continuously flown down. 

After few minutes, I heard the knock on the door. I got up but unable to move.  

"Hey baby, it's Emily here" She said from the other side.

Em, my Em. I got up and dried my tears and making my face as if I hadn't cried ever. I opened the door and she jumped over me. 

"Hey doll." She said cheerfully.

"Hey" I said trying to keep myself in control.

"Are you alright?" She said looking at me.

"Ye..yes I am" I said but I was feeling that I am gonna loose my control in minutes.

"Aurora" She said making my face look straight at her. Now it busted and the very next moment I found myself crying over her shoulder.

"My...my parents are...." I stuttered.

"It's ok doll, I know you didn't want to but there might be a reason.." She said.

"Reason which is more important than her own daughter's life?" I yelled.

"Aura, sometimes we think that we are in worst of situations but it's not what always turns more worse. Rather many times it's turns to change your life and in a positive way. Trust me girl. Well tell me one thing, who are you gonna marry?" She asked with a grin.

"Tom Holland" I said his name and all our sour memories flushed in my mind.

"WHAT? TOM HOLLAND? THE BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU GONNA BE MRS. HOLLAND. THE WIFE OF A BILLIONAIRE." She screamed bringing me out of those memories.

"If you wanna phrase it that way but for me he is just the rudest and most arrogant person I have ever met. If you remember what qualities I made you count for my ideal life partner, he is just.." 

"Same?"

Oh I hate when she me cut in mid.

"Opposite. I am not marrying him, I am walking towards my life's destruction. I can't bare the hate he gives me." I said.

"You met him just once and you both started hating each other?" She asked.

"Not once, four times." I said.

"FOUR TIMES???? HOW??" She screamed. But more she scares me.

"Well, before we met last evening, we met in Central Park to take our files back." I told.

"Files? Which files?" She AGAIN interrupted.

"If you let me finish. Few days ago, when I was going to meet Mr. Stan, I bumped into someone and our files fell. Not only that, my coffee spilled all over his suit. When I saw him, I didn't recognise it was him. But to my amazement, he was super rude. We took the files and went on our ways. But soon I found out that it was not my file. So he texted me to take back my file and return him his but on reaching there I found out that he is not rude.." I am again BROKE IN by my own friend. Ugh.