Chapter 18

Toms's POV:

I was untied but I was unable to do anything because one step wrong and my dead parents. I was taken to a room with only a table, 2 chairs at one side and 1 on the other. Above it was a light bulb hanging. I was asked to sit on the side of 1 chair and mum-dad on the other.

"What is all this?" I asked them.

They stayed silent just looked at each other and then at me.

"Tell me" I almost yelled.

"First start with what you know about me?" Dad asked.

"You are my dad. You married my mum as a childhood love. You belonged to a middle class family." I said.

"Son, this is truth. But..." He trailed.

"But what?" I asked.

"But there is something more than it." Mum said.

"What's the full truth?" I asked

"It was the time, around 40 years ago. My dad, your grandfather, Mr. Robert Holland, worked in a factory. Really hardworking man. He was a man who stood between poor to average man. My mum always stayed home to take care of me and my sister. He were home-schooled cause we didn't have enough money." He started.

"How you met my mother?" I asked looking straight at my mum.

"I was a town girl. I came to my uncle's house for 2 week. One day while playing I met your dad. We starting playing together. Those two weeks were enough for us to decide to live and love for each other. But only two weeks. I asked to live with my uncle for a little more which extended to 2 more weeks. Our love deepened." My mum finished.

"So?" I asked to continue.

"So one day I told all this situation to William, Aura's dad. We were friends. Not close but friends. He took us to chapel and we both got married there. But it was a secret not long to come out. William was beaten up for this. Your mum has to leave me. Only way I could get her back was to be a successful man. My dad and Mr. Samuel became best of friends but then their family decided to leave the village. Leaving all of us alone. Everything just broke in our life. But then I found William stayed back. For me. Our friendship bonded stronger. Someone heard our story and decided to help us and take us to someone. One which became our best mistake for now. Kai, a mafia leader. We took some debt from Kai and promised to return on time and we did. We went on our paths to fulfil what we wanted. I got the company which I handed over you. I married your mum. Everything went on perfect until we realised one debt is left on us." He stopped.

"So why Aura? What they have to do in all this." I asked.

Aura's POV:

Hurts......It really hurts that Tom and his family hid such a big secret from me. But again the question is same.

"If Tom's family has connection with mafia then why does I matter? Why my own family matters?" I asked.

"You really think this arranged marriage is just a coincidence where your mum and dad randomly ask you to marry someone on the dinner night of you winning best writer in whole Britain?" He asked and laughed as my eyes went wide.

"How you...?" I asked but he cut me in mid.

"How I know? Darling, I have followed you since you were born. All your actions, all your routes and all your rules." He tells.

"Why? What is my connection with this mafia?" I raised my voice. I was so frustrated.

"Calm down lady. You are not at your home. Shout once more and you will hear a scream from your loving husband." He sternly said.

"Now tell me." I said.

"So the story goes back 40 years back from now. Time of your grandfather, Mr. Samuel White. He and Mr. Robert Holland were best of friends. Both belonged to middle class family as I said. Everything was perfect until Kai found out that there is still one big debt left on Hollands. But this time it was not of money, it was about a life. Kai wanted you. Your family promised him to give you away to him in order to keep you alive. But they asked 24 years of your life. But after turning 24, they got you married with Tom. Little did they know was that's what they wanted. Now to clear the last debt off the head of Holland, they have to leave you here and start a new life. All his connection will end with Kai and mafia. But as I said, for that he has to leave you alone." He finished. Tom used me to clear his debt.  No no, impossible. This man is lying.

"I have trust on my Tom. He won't leave me here." I said.

"Let's see." He shrugged.

"What if I or Tom doesn't follow what he says?" I asked.

"You wanna know?" He looked at me.

I didn't know what should I do. Should I say yes or no? Will I regret asking it?

"I think you wanna know." He said. And in know time I heard.

"AAAAH" A loud scream if Tom which raised me from my seat.

"TOM" I shouted and ran towards the door.

"No..no..no.. I think he thinks that he could fight. Rebellion is not good. At least not in front of Him." He stopped me.

"Please let me go. I want to see him." I begged.

"Oh right, you have not seen him for long. Since you said goodbye to him at airport, after that when you were going to meet him, James kidnapped you. Then you opened your eyes in that crazy psychic ward. Then all those things happened. Then here. Must be missing him a lot. But you know, once a legend said- "The Fruit Of Patience Is Always Sweet" so just wait." He said. He is such an evil.

Suddenly the lights went off.

"Okay. Time to meet your family.........for last time." 

.

.

.

.

JUST RELEASED

Highly recommended to listen:

BAD HABITS

ED SHEERAN

───────────────⚪────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 1:17 / 3:48 ⠀ ───○ 🔊⠀ ᴴᴰ ⚙

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 25, 2021

Words: 1107

Hello friends!! Hope you like it.Forgive me if there is any mistake.

Guys need your support. Vote for this story.Comment what you think about it.Share it so that it could reach to others. Follow me for more.

Have a good day!!! Bye for now........