blue eyes and a mate

chapter 2

damon,s pov

Renata was irritating me with her sweet nothings...ie ..what she thought were sweet nothings. To be very frank am bored with her. b-o-r-e-d .PERIOD.

"You look bored man" I heard a mental snicker. I look up to scowl at Ron, who is my beta and also my best friend. We have known each other forever just like our parents had known each other. If anyone could understand me and is trustworthy, it’s him. With his dirty blond hair and light green eyes, he’s quite popular with ladies. As for me, am  hot too. Proof lies in the fact that I’ve banged almost half of school hotties and then some.

Well Renata, she’s my latest fuck buddy. i don’t do relationship, did I mention that. i am more love em and leave em type and when they start to cling, my head goes ping! meaning, it’s time to move on. And lately my head has been pinging a lot where Renata is concerned. I guess the sour expression on my face was evident indicating my lack of interest, which Ron clearly intercepted. he knows me really well!

You see am single and still haven’t found my mate and I am definitely  not complaining. Heck I  am still young and can afford to live a few years of life fooling around before she comes in. because like it or not, when one find their mate, they end up being the centre of one's being.

 Renata’s tongue snaps me out of my reverie. She was trying to lick my ear. Ok, at one point I would have loved it but right now it’s simply pissing me off. In fact everything about her, which I once loved, has started to piss me off. I guess the novelty of bedding someone like her, as hot as she, is has dies down,

"Stop it Renata "I snapped at her.

“C’mon baby, don’t u like it? "She cooed in my ear. I was about to answer her when an enticing fragrance assaults me senses. Vanilla and strawberries.

mmmmmmm. My wolf goes on a full alert. The fragrance brings a tingle in my spine that runs down my whole body I was still trying to comprehend when my inner wolf starts howling at the top of his lungs. "MATE!!!" he screams in my mind, "OUR MATE IS HERE!!!!

O shit!!! I can’t believe it. Throwing Renata off me I literally  bounced up and make a dash to the corridor lest I lose the fragrance. Renata yelps as her butt lands on the ground and she screams, "owww jerk". I pay no attention to her insults as I rush down the corridor in search of my mate, trying to follow her scent.

"Dude, what’s wrong?"" in my haste to find my mate I forgot Ron who was behind me and trying to catch up.

"Dude my mate’s here"" I tell him through my mental link.

Ron gives me surprised look and then smirks. I scowl back what??

"Seriously man" Ron says amused, "you find your mate just when last night u were lecturing on the cons of finding our mates this soon. Seems like destiny conned its way in" he sniggers.

I rolled me eyes at him. "Funny much, eh Ron? Had you fun? Now bugger off before I rearrange your pretty face, I’ve got better things to do"

I reach down the corridor and scan the crowd in the hallway but am unable to locate her exact location. Her scent had started to wear off indiacting she had left the hallway, leaving just a trail of her scintillating scent.

"Shit" i swore under my breath. Running a frustrated hand through my hair, I yell to Ron "where the hell is she now?"

My mate’s here and am yet to see her face.dammit!!! Just my goddamn luck.

"Calm down Damon" Ron tries to reason bringing out his beta tone. " she will be somewhere her only you'll find her soon enough. She must be student here. I heard a one or two students were joining in today. She may be one of those. Common lets go to your class, we might see her there" he tries to pull me in direction of class cautiously. He could sense my wolf was near the surface. A pissed off alpha wolf was not someone to be messed with, he knew.