Anger is a killing thing

hi people, sorry for this long break, but I was keeping busy for varous reasons. one of them is my bro's wedding that left me exausted. anyways, am free from all commitments and now can concentrate on my story. I wanted to write some more but could manage this much. The chapters is short but atleast it bought me back into action.

enjoy!

 apologies for mistakes grammatical or otherwise.

Damon's pov

An-ger. two syllable word with vast implications. Anger is a killing thing. It kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before it takes something from him, leaving a sense of helplessness and a whole range of what-ifs. Diving into philosophy was my only option right now given the fact how perfectly I managed to screw up everything. Or my wolf did. same difference.

As soon as my mate left, I shifted into my wolf who was already on edge and desperate to break free and sprinted out to the woods adjoining packland a.k.a disneyland. Our lodgings were just on the outskirts of Redmoon Creek, enough to provide us the secrecy from the prying eyes. The mansion has been the alpha's dwellings ever since my forefathers decided to settle here. It was really old dating back to tenth century or probably more. Over the years the mansion has modelled and remodelled to suit the times but without loosing its heritage and the essense of original architecture. There are fourteen bedrooms in the mansion , a huge kitchen and living room and large study that also served as the alpha's office. The other pack members have free rein over the place and could come and go as they please. My parents occupied the west wing while I was in the east wing. I had my wing built in apartment style that gave me privacy as well as feel of living in an apartment which I have always craved. The pack land was developed like any modern neighbourhood and was completely surrounded on three sides by huge electrically wired walls.

The adjoining woods served as the fourth and eastern boundary of our packland, giving us the freedom to let our wolves loose without getting noticed. The pack land was built straight out of fairytales, thanks to my mother and her obsession for Disneyland. She would have turned the whole place upside down and filled it with mickeys and minnies and whatnots if it werent for my father who had put his foot down. He could only rein her enthusiasm in when she suggested to place a giant mickeys head at the entrance gate. This one long battle was finally  won by dad effectively saving us from becoming a laughing stock within the werewolf community. Thank god he refused to be swayed by my mothers antics. Atleast we were saved from the ordeal of having being welcomed by a giant mickey everytime we entered the lands. There is a limit to what we could tolerate.

My wolf was running for all he was worth through the wood, the long darkbrown fur streaming in the wind. I was hoping that if I exhausted my wolf, it would be easier to control his desire around his mate. he was still goading me to go find my mate and mount and claim her. He was confused, angry and frustrated all in one. The wolf side of our personalities see things in black and white where their mates are concerned. Given that fact It was a little difficult for him to comprehend our mate's behaviour not to mention confusing. Usually when we find our mates its all passion and endless lovemaking that follows, such is the nature of the wolves. Its unable to control our desire for our mates and it takes days before the high passion state even simmer downs a bit. The wolf , mainly, works on the three p's i.e, Passion, possessiveness and protection. The uncontrollable urge to protect their females, make passionate love and get all possessive is what drives their senses in the initial stages of mating.

Seeing his mate in trouble and her refusal to mate was like waving a red flag to my wolf.  The burning desire to protect her from those imbecile humans ensnared him like a wolf possessed and what followed was a complete explosion of his hunger for his mate. For what he has been wanting to do the moment he has sensed his mate. Our mate. The wolf senses overpowered my human's which led to near rape of our precious mate. My teeth's clenched with self disgust because I abhor ill-treating females in the pack or out of it and I ended up doing precisely what I hold in contempt and that to my very own mate. great move. Now everything is in total shambles and I have absolutely no Idea on damage control.

I kept running my wolf till paws ached and finally decide to get back to the mansion

i sighed and sat down on the comfy couch in the spectaculary decorated living room of my mansion. This was my thinking zone and place for repercussions. Placed on the eastern corner of the living room near the french window that opened to a breathtaking view of the hills. I don't know for how long I sat there gazing out at the sky. the view was simply breathtaking that worked like soothing balm over my erratic emotions..It seemed as the sky has been painted in various hues of colours by a trained artist. The oranges and yellows and the blues mixed and mashed together . I could never get bored of sitting here just gazing out at the marvel of mother nature.

Feeling exausted , both mentally and physically I laid down further and closed my eyes wiling to rest a bit but to my dismay, all I could visualise was the lovely face of my little mate and the hurtful expression marring her perfect features. oh my luna!

I was almost asleep whena loud and cheery voice woke me from my slumber.

"Damonnnnn!!! we're back"

A voice that was answer to all my prayers and confusions. Finally my saving grace was here!

________________

thats it for now guys. sorry that was short but i will try and upload soon . till then  u can keep guessing who it could possibly be? damon's saving grace?? I'll give u a hint..

love u...comment vote fan/!

next chappy will see introduction of new characters!(<-----hint!)

"

"