Meet the parents

a/n: mundane au... where magnus is meeting alec's parents for the first time... TW slight homophobia

Alec paced around nervously, back and forth as he waited for Magnus to finish getting ready.
'Baby, you know this isn't dinner with the president..' Alec hesitated.
'Alexander, it's worse' Magnus gulped and stepped away from his mirror in the other room. He quickly adjusted his jacket then stepped into the hallway.
'You ready?' Alec asked.
'I think I am.' Magnus sighed heavily and squeezed the side of his forehead. Alec closed his eyes and squinted, he was so nervous. His parents weren't exactly the accepting type but his mum insisted they meet Magnus, to try and accept it. Alec flickered his eyes back up and Magnus was infront  of him.
'Shall we?' Magnus offered his arm and Alec looped his arm around his boyfriends. They walked out the apartment and down the street to Alec's car. He turned the engine on and drive silently to his parents house. They had moved away from New York a couple years ago to New Jersey. Alec was astounded as to why they would want to move there but he couldn't stop them.
'You ok?' Magnus asked, slightly reassuring Alec.
'I should be asking the same thing' Alec motioned.
'I'm quite nervous actually' Magnus admitted.
'We don't have to do this you know. We just cuddle, get some takeout and watch a movie' Alec said as he reached a stop light.
'No this is important to you, so it's important to me' Magnus sighed and let the ends of his mouth curve up into a small smile. He squeezed Alec's thigh. Alec gave him a small smile and his eyes glinted.
'Just remember my parents are as not as democratic as we would like them to be.' Alec sighed as he turned on to his parents street.
'Yes, I know of the Lightwoods. The very vocal homophobes'  Magnus winced and Alec stopped the car.
'That they are, but don't mind them. I will protect you.' Alec turned towards Magnus.
'I love you' Magnus whispered and placed his forehead against Alec's.
'I love you' Alec whispered and caught Magnus lips in his, giving them a small peck.
'Let's go and battle these demons then..' Alec grumbled and hopped out the car' I mean my parents'
'Come on then' Magnus sighed and placed a hand on Alec's back. The pair walked up to the house and Alec nervously knocked on the door.
'Alexander. Your here. And you brought your friend.' Robert lightwood, a tall man who had little hair but had the same notable blue eyes as his son.
'He is my boyfriend, farther.' Alec said, his holding down the anger in his tone. They entered the house. It was a large one. Family pictures hung on the wall but you could see empty spaces. The places where possibly Alec's picture hung
'Yes. I'm Magnus Bane' Magnus offered his hand to shake but Robert just sneered at it.
'Maryse, the homosexuals are here' Robert called out and Magnus' mouth dropped.
'Alec your here.' Maryse Lightwood walked in, a women with dark hair dark eyes.
'And this must be Magnus' Maryse nodded.
'It's nice to meet you Mrs Lightwood.' Magnus gulped.
'Why don't you follow us to the dining room? Dinner is on the table' Robert said and they pair followed the older couple down the hall and into the larger dining room.
Alec and Magnus sat opposite Maryse and Robert. Magnus gave a small nervous glance to Alec but Alec reassured him by squeezing his hand.
'Why don't we say grace?' Robert said offering his hand to his son.
'No dad, you know my opnion on it.' Alec remaked.
'By the angel, of course I do. Alec we know you think god has abanded you because of your...certain lifestyle' Robert skimmed over.
'Why don't you just eat your dinner?' Maryse pointed out and they ate the food that was given out. Magnus found it quite delicious maybe thats where Alec got his flare for cooking too.
'So how long... has...this been going on?' Robert gestered at the two men and wiped around the sides of his mouth with his napkin.
'Copule of years.. and we have been living together for about a year' Alec explained.
'Oh you live together?' Maryse furrowed her brows.
'Yes we do' Magnus said and adjusted himself in his chair.
'So Magnus, What do you do?' Robert asked frankly.
'Well I'm a fashion designer.' Magnus sighed and stopped eating.
'We wanted Alec here to become a doctor but he chose to help the undesirable' Robert remarked.
'Farther, I help the homeless LGBT youth. I'm charity director. I help people.' Alec sighed as he finished his plate of food.
'They brought their problems on themselves Alexander. You always go against us, why is that?' Robert angirly said, pressing his hands on the table.
'Maybe because you have such high expectations! I can never do anything right for you' Alec spluttered and pushed back his hair that was in his face.
'It's only because we wants whats best for you sweetheart. We are here to help' Maryse said across the table.
'I could have gotten that help years ago, when I needed you. Both of you. But I had to do it, own my own. At least Jace and Izzy didn't abandon me' Alec yelled.
'So Magnus, how did you meet out son?' Maryse tried to steer the conversation away from the fighting. Alec sat back in his seat and looked with disgust and distain at his farther. Magnus gripped onto his hand, to let some of the stress slip.
'We met at a party.' Magnus nodded.
'And you really wanna be with my son who 'never meets my expectations'?' Robert air quoted the last bit.
'Yes I do. He is the love of my life' Magnus sighed happily and Alec slightly touched his face and fingers.
'And Alec?' Maryse said.
'I love him. He is my world' Alec grinned.
'You two should leave. I will not allow this disgusting, sinful behaviour carry on in this household. Not in the eyes of god' Robert pointed at the door.
'Wait' Maryse slightly shrieked. It made Alec and Magnus both turn around in shock. 'I have kept it in for too long. Robert, how dare you bully our son like this? I will not tolerate this anymore. If you two love each other then show it off to the world. Magnus, you love my son correct?'
'I love more than anything' Magnus nodded.
'You look after him. You care for him and you love him. Alec I accept you for who you are and I'm so proud of you' Maryse wrapped her arms around tightly around her son.
'Thanks mom' Alec smiled. 'You come over to ours any time, okay?'
'Yeah. A visit would be nice' Maryse nodded and let her son leave.
'Wow' Alec sighed.
'Are you alright darling?' Magnus sighed and placed his hands on Alec's back.
'I'm shocked. Mom has never stood up to Dad before' Alec gasped.
'First time for everything my love' Magnus smiled and squeezed Alec's hands before they returned to the car and drove off

a/n: sorry i have not been updating... schools is crazy right now i will try and be frequent