Chapter 9.5: Dave is sad

Before you say anything- yes another update. two chapters on one day??? :00
I had motivation to write and I wanted to post more so here you go.

This chapter is a little different- it's a bit of a flashback chapter, it's not important to the plot or character development and that's why I call it 9.5 instead of chapter 10. This chapter will mostly be about Dave it'll be short but I'll try to keep it interesting Its like 400-500 words long)

I should also add that this is a few years before Dave met Jack. Dave is like 13-15 here(no I haven't decided what are Dave and Jack are in this story hhh)

____________________________

"Henry!" Dave yelled as he kicked the door open. Henry seemed to be doing paperwork like always.

"What is it, William?" Henry asked not taking his attention from his paperwork. Dave looked at him already showing excitement.

"Well, you know about... David... he was your son after all... but I just had a realisation." Dave concluded. Henry looked up.

"I'd prefer if you could not bring up my dead son..." he sighed.

"Well I had an idea, I know you're grieving..." Dave explained.

"I'm not grieving..." Henry sighed.

"Well whether you are grieving or not I had this idea, instead of calling me William you can call me Dave!" He suggested. Henry raised a brow.

"And why would I?" He asked.

"W- well... I was thinking about if I called myself after David you wouldn't seem to upset anymore... and maybe you wouldn't be so cold towards me anymore..." He explained.

"William there is no way I'm calling you 'Dave' just so you can pretend to be my son... you're not... and you never will be..." Henry explained. Dave frowned.

"What? but you agreed to keep me here..." Dave mumbled.

"That I agreed to keep you here doesn't mean you're my son now... you can't replace David..." Henry sighed.

"B- but..." Dave whined.

"No but's... stop whining like a child..." Henry hissed. Dave looked at him kind of offended.

"I am a child..." He mumbled.

"That's not an excuse, I expect you to act like a man, not a little boy." Henry shrugged.

"I'm not a little boy!" Dave hissed. Henry ignored him and went back to his paperwork.

"I would appreciate it if you left the room." He said. Dave turned away, he felt pretty pissed. He walked out of the room and slammed the door shut. How dare Henry call him a little boy? He stormed up the stairs and in his room. he didn't have much to do in his room and he didn't have any friends either. That would mean Dave would be pretty lonely when he was done with his shift at Fredbears. Sometimes he would just watch movies and other times he would just wait until it was time for him to sleep. That would sound kinda pathetic honestly but oh well.

"Why is Henry always like this... He hates me... doesn't he..?" Dave felt his eyes tear up at the thought. He cared about Henry but Henry didn't seem to care about him. He didn't want Henry to abandon his as well, Henry was like a dad to him.

Of course, he'll leave me... who doesn't?

____________________________

See I already told y'all these chapters are short.

basically, I make these chapters to show past experience because I can uwu

Also, Henry eventually accepts the fact Dave wants to be called Dave but still uses William occasionally

okay bye