Chapter 8: Because I care

- Great choice!

The man shook the smaller male's hand before leaving and walking through the shadows slowly disappearing. Kokichi left as well going back to get some sleep he's been lacking. He felt guilt while walking lazily through the empty halls, he didn't want to trick his friends into thinking something like that. But again Kokichi was doing for his and the others chance of survival, he wanted them to live outside the game. The more he thought about plans after plans to get everyone to leave, the more anxious he got.

Once in front of the door of his room Kokichi stopped thinking so hard so Shuichi wouldn't notice his change of behavior. Of course it would never work since the detective is well the Ultimate detective. Lucky for the leader he shrugged the thought of anything being wrong away and ignored kokichi, going back to sleep. The smaller male went straight to his bed not feeling the need to change his clothes. That night he didn't sleep well due to headaches and endless nightmares.

Morning came slow for both boys, who had their minds full of theories and strategies throughout the whole night. The other students noticed the bags under their eyes, but didn't think much of it since it was normal to lose a night of sleep in the game. Breakfast went by quite fast as people talked and joked, eating at their will. After the Ultimates went their separate ways in groups of two or three, kokichi went with Shuichi because Monokuma chose who they were going to stay with. And how it got awkward fast.

They walked not really having a destination in mind. After all what were they supposed to do in this awkwardness? Strangely enough, Kokichi didn't find any other Ultimates around and it was quite quiet. To tell the truth Shuichi enjoyed how calm it was and was surprised the shorty haven't started a conversation yet. So he decided to speak.

-Umm, where did you go yesterday?...- For some reason he sounded nervous and not so sure about his question.

-The gym.- The leader said blankly staring forward avoiding eye contact. He wouldn't give himself so easily even if he trusted the detective.

-Lie.

Lie. Kokichi stopped his tracks. He swore he heard it wrong. There was no way Shuichi saw through him that easily. The detective stepped in front of the shorter male looking at him dead in the eyes. He was like another person. Kokichi was shocked, he couldn't say anything he sounds so confident.

-How would you know?!- And without noticing he screamed back at the detective unaware of it. Shuichi didn't expect that, but wasn't going to back away now that he already asked. They stared at each other for a few seconds.

- I saw you at the roof... - The leader's whole body tensed when the detective said those words. - Who was that?....- The smaller male didn't know what to say. He himself was dumb enough not to ask the mysterious man's name. He was stupid enough to even answer and meet up with a person he never saw before. Damn I really am dumb. He looked at the ground embarrassed about himself and ashamed of his answer. He wasn't scared of Shuichi finding or if he already knew about what they were talking about. Kokichi his trusted ally would betray him and leave him until one of them dies a disgraceful death by murder or being accused of being a killer.

- I don't know... I forgot to ask. - Kokichi said and was sure to be judged by his stupidity. For the purple head's surprise Shuichi didn't say anything he was expecting or anything at all escaped the taller male's mouth as silence once again took over the halls. They could feel the tension in the air, both waiting for someone to speak, Shuichi didn't take his eyes of the purple head and Kokichi didn't take his eyes of the clean floor.

______________________________________________

Man this is boring as hell. She thought as Kanade continued her assigned homework she was given that morning after breakfast. She sighed playing with her pencil and drawing characters from the other games which made her come to Hope Peak. People considered her as a prodigy, but that wasn't enough for her, she wanted a little excitement in her life. A little something. And Danganronpa was just the right thing, too bad she couldn't join yet as a player.