1

I remember that day clearly, I remember the confusion, the fast beating of my heart, the fear in my eyes and other students around me.

The drop of sweat sliding down my temples, the way my hands shook like a mad man, I knew something wasn't right, my eyes kept looking for my little sister, shifting from a student to another, but to no avail.

The number of students in this closed room was dangerous, no matter how big it was, it was still suffocating.

I clenched my chest, feeling the air run out of my lungs, I was taking fast steps to the end of the room, trying to get away from the crowded teenagers who most of them didn't put their masks on.

I probably looked like a dramatic piece of shit crushing down after my legs gave up on me from nervousness.

I pulled my phone calling my younger sister, it rung for 30 seconds, but she didn't pick up, obviously because of the noises around the gymnasium.

It was weird, why would the teachers call us here, yet they were nowhere to be found.

The minute I thought about it, the big door opened and there they entered, a bunch of worried ever petrified adults walked in.

They all made sure to wear their masks even the annoying principle who never did or the math teacher.

I collected my self and stood up, the principle was trying to calm the students who barged in with questions.

"everyone please stay calm, I want everyone to be quiet so that I can explain, if you have a question I'll answer later, now just shut up" she explained loudly using a mic so that everyone can hear.

I saw how she was in the middle of the room, with hundreds of students around her, a scary scene for me, it even gave me anxiety to just look at it.

The moment everyone calmed down and stayed quiet, I remembered that's when it happened.

A girl was yelling and screaming on the other side of the closed door, everyone turned to the direction of the sound.

The screams were getting closer, it was a crying girl, I felt my skin crawl when I heard her, I could imagine the terror, she was asking for help and telling us to open the door.

I saw everyone's confused faces, even the teachers looked like they didn't know what to do.

Everything moved slowly in my vision, as if I was in a movie, a number of students ran to the door, and that's when I saw my sister, she was looking around dumbly.

I ran her way, waving to her, but she didn't notice me, that moment when I was so close to her, only a couple of steps away from her, that's when someone opened the door.

"Lee Donghyuck, 18, please step forward" a man dressed in a medical protective suit, with his head covered up, his face barely visible and it was hard to tell who he was, he spoke through a mic, making his voice echo around the familiar place.

The boy moved forward, and soon a nurse took hold of his arm and put him on a chair, she checked his dead eyes, his heart beat, and then she ran a test, the covid test, it was only when the needle went up his nostril that he finally reacted to his surroundings, a small yelp left his lips, and his eyes started wondering around.

He was sitting on a nursing bed, with a nurse taking care of him, and a man pointing a gun at his head.

He felt his blood run cold, he didn't notice everything happening because of the previous shocks he had, but a gun pointed at him, sure wasn't that pleasing for someone who was fighting for his life hours ago.